Author Topic: Correcting my first post....  (Read 3337 times)

Offline PrettyIlocana

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Correcting my first post....
« on: September 18, 2016, 10:51:28 AM »
I made a mistake...I met Kuya Art and his love wife in Laguna last July, 2014, instead of Kuya Gray. Or just omit the part. Thanks!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Correcting my first post....
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 06:31:45 PM »
I made a mistake...I met Kuya Art and his love wife in Laguna last July, 2014, instead of Kuya Gray. Or just omit the part. Thanks!
PrettyIlocana welcome to the forum. For some reason your first post that you seem to be referring to never appeared, please repost it.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline PrettyIlocana

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 07:49:25 PM »
Ayayay! But I can't repost it Kuya Lee, I don't have a copy and I don't have a good memory either! I remember the Subject tho...Oh my...I forgot my name! That's true, it's been such a long long time since I last posted and I forgot my username and my password and can't log in! But it's fine with me as I always like to start fresh. So this time I made sure I picked a Username that fits me well lol and easy to remember. I got your email Kuya that I am being missed! That made my day and so I was actually inspired when I wrote that piece lol. Sayang.

Julie, the bad girl from Baguio City

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 08:31:34 PM »
Ayayay! But I can't repost it Kuya Lee, I don't have a copy and I don't have a good memory either! I remember the Subject tho...Oh my...I forgot my name! That's true, it's been such a long long time since I last posted and I forgot my username and my password and can't log in! But it's fine with me as I always like to start fresh. So this time I made sure I picked a Username that fits me well lol and easy to remember. I got your email Kuya that I am being missed! That made my day and so I was actually inspired when I wrote that piece lol. Sayang.

Julie, the bad girl from Baguio City
Hi Julie, I think your old account may have been Julie or Lei, you can use this one or do a password reminder using the old one and email address. Welcome back, it is great to see you on again.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 09:26:27 PM »
So you're that prettyillocana. Where have you been? We missed you on here!
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline PrettyIlocana

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 06:06:53 AM »
Hello hello! Sounds like halo halo, and it reminded me of the yummy sweet delicacy of mixed fruits,etc etc, topped with crushed ice, sugar and milk. Top it with another dollop of ice ream and while you savor it, you forgot about the heat, the flies ,the mosquitoes. Lol. Although I live most of the time here in Baguio City for the nice cool weather all year round, good internet and for convenience, I also spend considerable time in Ilocos Sur in my hometown. My 94 year old dad is still up and running but I have noticed had mellowed down since last year. He is a WW2 veteran and very proud of it. He lives with my youngest brother. When my mom was still alive, (became senile for the last 5 years after a stroke and passed away last year), I tried to help by paying for extra help in addition to some relatives pitching in. My independent strong bullheaded dad (sounds like me?), always sends them away! I can do it, he would say. That's what happened. He took care of mom... feed, bath, walked with her, etc. etc. Now I am bit teary eyed.
So to make full use of my time there in Ilocos, I started an Organic garden. I planted a lot of fruit trees in the vicinity of the 1000 sq meters lot. So now I am enjoying the fruits of my labor, sweet juicy dragon fruit, guayabanos and guavas are in season. You should see my bananas, they are almost 20 feet tall! In the past posts, I have mentioned my Baguio backyard garden and I did the same ...planted oranges, plums, guavas, mulberries, coffee, raspberries and even wild strawberries and lots of bananas all in a 500 square meter behind the house. I planted the annuals /flowers in between.  I even have 9 free range chickens and 2 ducks!  The duck has just 10 little ducklings and I got a worm farm which uses most of our biodegrables including the rentals. I use that to fertilize my garden. Yes, for the last 2 years since I decided to live here permanently after living in the US for 25 years. I have been a busy bee...on things that really matters to me and enjoyed doing. I also mentioned prior my being a volunteer worker for an organization that deals with environmental grassroot education and I was hired to start a program. I created a learning garden and a worm composting facility geared at using biodegrables in the community. I also helped developed the early earth education program. The program became a hit and hundreds if not thousands of students came for tours and workshops. Problem was....the organization has a bow on poverty and trying to make do with what we got. I was hired to work part time for 200 dollars lol a month and soon I was working 6 days a week with the same pay and not even transportation allowance, not to mention a lot of hands on. I was given a helper with a low pay but after training him for 6 months, he was let go because of the stupid labor laws. I realized then, no matter how I enjoyed making an impact in the community, the stress and the burnout is not worth it. so I didn't renew and so I was back to being a gardener. This time, crazy Julie decided to volunteer helping with the Gulayan sa Paaralan, a school gardening program of the Dept of Education. The organic  school garden project at my old village school  was picked to represent the school district for the Province competition! No funding and so I spent my own money to help make the project to what it is now. The good thing was that, there's a lot of materials the community can use in the surrounding area for the project. Materials that were just being burned and put aside. The residents, mostly farmers and had resorted or rather preferred using synthetic fertilizer and toxic sprays for their crops over the years resulting to degraded lands. So what I am doing had raised a lot of eyebrows. But who can argue with Julie! Julie is the rich generous balikbayan lol whose dad is one of the most loved politician in his time! Few of the teachers are relatives and the principal is the sister of a good friend. So we wiil see....bye for now.

Offline PrettyIlocana

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 06:30:51 AM »
So you're that prettyillocana. Where have you been? We missed you on here!
Hi Kuya Art! Just to let you know that I always felt as being the naughty kid sister of you and Kuya Lee lol and always been there to protect me from the big bad wolf! Just kidding. Again, I want to thank you and your lovely wife for the warm hospitality you offered me at your beautiful home in Laguna some 2 years ago. I was on my way home to Baguio after a workshop in Majayjay Laguna and I was told by my brother not to come home as Super typhoon is beating Baguio City. All the roads leading to Baguio were closed. I was in communication with Kuya Art prior and decided to call him for rescue.  So I spent the night there and we all went to a nice place for breakfast and later me and Jo went shopping while Kuya Art watched his flashy red car! Pretty nice area they got there.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 09:28:23 AM »
Julie! So happy to see you back with the group! I truly missed your friendly and informative postings!
I took a break from the group for a long while, and even gave up control to a new group of Admins and Moderators. I'm now just an old member.  :D 
I look forward to hearing more from you!   :)
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 11:28:12 AM »
Welcome back Julie.  Missed your posting and looking forward to seeing more from you.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline PrettyIlocana

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 06:04:23 AM »
Julie! So happy to see you back with the group! I truly missed your friendly and informative postings!
I took a break from the group for a long while, and even gave up control to a new group of Admins and Moderators. I'm now just an old member.  :D 
I look forward to hearing more from you!   :)
Thank you to both of you Kuya Gray and JoelP. I sure will be posting given the time and inspiration. Till then,,,,

Offline blindman

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 09:39:02 AM »
Yes, Julie was Lei.  I miss your input here.  Welcome back!
Mike........

Offline Travelling Bob

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 09:02:29 AM »
Welcome back Julie. I enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to reading more of them

Bob