Author Topic: Importing things  (Read 465 times)

Offline sacalait

• Just an American who paid way too much taxes, for others to collect???
  • Sr Member
Importing things
« on: October 29, 2016, 12:16:21 AM »
Does anyone know, or have experience buying things on alibaba.com to sell? Do you need a broker or forwarder in Manila to do this?

I bought some things for Juliet to sell at the market, like watches and handbags. The watches are hung up in customs now, and they want an additional 157usd. It was shipped on DHL from China, and I thought it would be delivered right to Flora.

Anyone have advise to share? Thanks!!

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Importing things
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 06:51:24 AM »
sacalait,

You need to pay the 157 USD this your importation fee DHL is acting as your broker  just pay the money and they will deliver to you.

Fees included in the 157 are port charges, duty on your cost of your item, shipping cost these are added together and the 12% vat is then applied

Hope this Helps

Tom

I have had DHL deliveries many time from China with out a problem you do not need a broker but if you order direct from factory and the ship to CIF Manila then you will need a broker

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 08:42:46 AM »
I thought the prices on Lazada were inclusive of taxes and duties? I would be fairly certain that is the case as I have never had this problem.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 08:52:53 AM »
I thought the prices on Lazada were inclusive of taxes and duties? I would be fairly certain that is the case as I have never had this problem.

He bought from Alibaba not Lazada.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline sacalait

• Just an American who paid way too much taxes, for others to collect???
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 04:08:17 AM »
Thanks Guy's !!

I am buying from wholesaler's. I did finally get DHL to agree to deliver to the door, and collect the money there.

Can FedX and the others do the same?
Thanks again, Scott

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 06:42:16 AM »
Your better to stick with DHL / Fed Ex uses Air 21 to deliver their items in the Philippines in our area and their less reliable then DHL in my opinion

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 02:05:56 PM »
Your better to stick with DHL / Fed Ex uses Air 21 to deliver their items in the Philippines in our area and their less reliable then DHL in my opinion

Air 21 must have hits and misses of different areas then because the Embassy uses them to deliver passports and other legal stuff.
Whatever floats your boat.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog