Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Americans and Visas to be required soon from President Duterte  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Danson L.

Americans and Visas to be required soon from President Duterte
« on: November 02, 2016, 10:08:41 AM »
http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/10/21/16/why-duterte-wants-ph-visa-for-americans
EVERYONE needs to read this LINK NOW. Looks like trouble on the way for the Americans. NOW would be the ideal  time for us old folks who plan to live here permantely  (in the Philippines) to obtain a SRRV before all this hull a bug starts taking place. Who knows what is going to happen here in the future in this regard. Looks like the days of the Tourist Visa might be a thing of the past!

(link repaired by Lee)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:44:39 PM by Lee »

Offline Danson L.

Re: Americans and Visas to be required soon from President Duterte
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 10:14:10 AM »
http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/10/21/16/why-duterte-wants-ph-visa-for-americans    << This link is NOT working properly for some reason. I would suggest "Googling" this title for more information in detail.

Offline Igorotak

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 10:57:17 AM »
Just remove the . (dot) at the end of the link, just as you did in your own reply.  8)

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 12:02:23 PM »
Not only are forefingers treated badly by our Immigration but so are US Citizens, my wife was also berated and so was I when I returned to the US, this is something we need to change and I've never been treated that way here, I did get a run around but no berating from the PBI but never at the air terminal.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 12:50:30 PM »
Not only are forefingers treated badly by our Immigration but so are US Citizens, my wife was also berated and so was I when I returned to the US, this is something we need to change and I've never been treated that way here, I did get a run around but no berating from the PBI but never at the air terminal.

All I ever get from the immigration agents in the US port is welcome back or home.  I always include my retired military I"D card when I pass them my passport. ;D

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 04:15:52 PM »
I have been thru US immigration's at least 40 times in the last 30 or so years and have never once had a problem or been harassed. 

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 07:57:50 PM »
My wife and I have returned to the US many times, sometimes twice a year from the Philippines as well as from other countries while returning from cruises and we have never been given a hard time even once but I did get a hard time once from US customs when traveling by myself and returning, yet we have been shaken down by Philippine customs in Manila a few times, we no longer enter via Manila.

As for this topic, if the Philippines makes us Americans get visas, then as I have stated in similar topics which have been posted on this forum, I will no longer be visiting the Philippines and I suspect a lot more Americans will do the same. If this issues is really about more money for the Philippines, then I suggest the Philippines charge for the 30 day visa free stay upon entry, that IMO would not deter as many people as having to mail away our passports to the Philippine Embassy or have to go to the Philippine Embassy in the US to get a visa.

Also I repaired the link in the first post.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 10:24:29 PM »
Too much sweating going on.  How about all the other countries that require a visa of Filipinos prior to entry?  The same thing going to happen to them?Nah, this is all a power play.  I have said it before and I will say it again.  Things will start cooling down after January.

Everyone knows what is going on anyway.  This is just a bunch of unnecessary panic and urgency.
Whatever floats your boat.