Author Topic: escapemom Palawan  (Read 1982 times)

Offline escapemom

escapemom Palawan
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:27:16 AM »
Hi, everyone.

I'm a mother of 1 and half year old baby and planning to move to Palawan.
I was wondering if you know any places where we can live peacefully?

I previously work in a bank and now working in the Insurance industry.
I am giving up this life to have a new and fresh start with my baby.

Still not sure what's in store for us but I'm sure and decided to move to Palawan and start from scratch.

Thank you! hope to hear word from anyone who's in Palawan now.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: escapemom Palawan
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
Hi, everyone.

I'm a mother of 1 and half year old baby and planning to move to Palawan.
I was wondering if you know any places where we can live peacefully?

I previously work in a bank and now working in the Insurance industry.
I am giving up this life to have a new and fresh start with my baby.

Still not sure what's in store for us but I'm sure and decided to move to Palawan and start from scratch.

Thank you! hope to hear word from anyone who's in Palawan now.
Welcome to the forum. We have some members from Palawan, Colin, Big daddy Ray are two that come to mind but they have not been active lately, hope they are okay and hope some other members can answer your question.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline TonyandJelma

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »
Escapemom,

Hey there. My wife and I will be moving to Palawan in January. I have been there before to visit and I loved it. Lee is correct in that BigDaddyRay (Ray and Vicky) have been living there in Palawan for over a year now. They are doing well and post on you tube when they can. If you have specific questions, you can also look for them on you tube.... OurPalawanExperience is their name there.

Tony and Jelma

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 10:59:15 AM »
Escapemom,

Hey there. My wife and I will be moving to Palawan in January. I have been there before to visit and I loved it. Lee is correct in that BigDaddyRay (Ray and Vicky) have been living there in Palawan for over a year now. They are doing well and post on you tube when they can. If you have specific questions, you can also look for them on you tube.... OurPalawanExperience is their name there.

Tony and Jelma
Thank you for posting that, it is good to see that they are apparently okay, just MIA from this forum, if you talk to them, please tell them they are missed.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline TonyandJelma

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 11:30:24 AM »
Lee,
    Will pass on the message.

Tony

Offline Vicks

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 09:05:15 AM »
I have lived in Puerto Princesa for 6+ years. I believe it to be (currently) the safest place to live on Palawan. Unfortunately, there are radical Islamists in the southern portions and during a recent local election they established a base camp just a few kilometers outside of the city boundaries. Considering the ongoing issues with the Spratly Islands to our west there has also been additional AFP forces deployed to Palawan. One of my friends said, "Due to the president's initiatives with China, maybe we should all start learning Chinese."  ;)

There also has been an upsurge in population growth over the past few years and as any city becomes more populous the uptick in criminal activities will follow. Moreover, as banks have extended credit to most everyone who wants it, people have been buying vehicles at a fast clip. All of those extra vehicles on the road have led to increase traffic issues here. The infrastructure is like most places in the Philippines; it never keeps pace with increased demand. That said, we have had water shortages resulting in shut off periods and brownouts are a regular occurrence. As Palawan is the westernmost main island in the Philippines, goods and service come from Luzon and the Visayas making speciality items difficult to find. Many times you will find seemingly common items to be "Out-Of-Stock". Everyone knows the WiFi in the Philippines is sorely lacking in capacity and it is even more so in remote areas. Be prepared to have signal loss or a signal that is so slow it will remind of you of the days when only "Dial Up" connections were available.

Bottom line: It is not as nice as it was 6 years ago. And it is always wise to have a Plan B.
Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
-Sandra Carey

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog