Author Topic: Is Tampo A Bad Word or Is My First Pinay Relationship With A Crazy Person !!  (Read 2372 times)

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Damn, looking for that like button again for JD's response.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Haven't heard that term "Tampo" but looked it up: 

Tampo, in Philippine culture, refers to a range of behavior in which a person withdraws his or her affection or cheerfulness from a person who has hurt his or her feelings. The term has no precise equivalent in English, though "sulking" or "to sulk" is often considered the closest translation.

Ooff if I had to do it all over again I'd avoid someone like this for sure.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
sum it up with BUTTHURT

Offline dragonsmack

Re: Is Tampo A Bad Word or Is My First Pinay Relationship With A Crazy Person !!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 12:09:46 PM »
Forgot I even posted this which seems like forever ago...

Anyway, since I am here I might as well update it, she has never demonstrated any form of "tampo" again and will be flying back to see her for a second time in 4 weeks.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Is Tampo A Bad Word or Is My First Pinay Relationship With A Crazy Person !!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 06:19:52 PM »

Anyway, since I am here I might as well update it, she has never demonstrated any form of "tampo" again and will be flying back to see her for a second time in 4 weeks.
Good to hear that things are progressing, hope you keep us filled in. Enjoy your visit.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline nicolanewman

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 11:24:57 AM »
It's not just with the word TAMPO and it's not just with Filipina. It's with women. They get mad with men without them knowing the reason. They deny that their mad and just says everything is ok when it is obvious that it's not. It's not the word, but it is her really having TAMPO with you.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 12:52:37 AM »

This your third post and your second one was in early January.  At that time, apparently you had still not visited her.  It seems that in the last few months you must have visited her since you are going back for your second trip.  So, was your first trip not memorable enough to share anything with us about it?  Like maybe, where did you go and how long were you there?  So far all we know is what goes on with your video chats and that she must have previously had tampo but now she doesn't.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline ABCDeVil

• Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 11:28:39 PM »

Well did people give you words to think about?

For me, as Hestecrefter said, "my wife and I have had to fall back on that rather antiquated form of communication - discussion". He is so very correct. Without good communication, no matter what subject, what it is you both want/need/have to do, discussing it, will always give both people a better understanding on whatever the other person views/anticipates/wants for each series of decisions. Make decisions together, or at least, if one of you is not readily available, support your partner in the decision they had made. Yes they won't be correct in their choice each time, but at the time of making their decision, they used whatever info was available at the time. I support my asawa, when she makes these, not often, silly decisions, but rather, we talk about it more, then figure out how to remedy, if it is necessary.

Really, she knows me and how I think, so she makes pretty good decisions most of the time. Being older and not always the wisest one, in our relationship, we both sit and figure out what, when or how we are going to do the BIG things in our life. Now it i 4 yrs + 1 day, we have been together, we do very well in getting it right (better) most of the time. Tampo does not show its ugly head, unless one of us, actually does something wrong, to cause that situation/feeling. LOL both of us, when we do get mad about X or Y, it does not last too long.

What a lucky man I am. Oh BTW, me 50+, asawa 20+, both have time and patients, to fix whatever we need to do, together.

ABC

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog