Author Topic: Free roadside assistance?  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Free roadside assistance?
« on: January 26, 2017, 10:01:44 PM »
Do any of the car companies in the Philippines give free roadside assistance with the purchase of a vehicle?
If not, is there such a thing as AAA?
And also, do dealers give loaner cars?

The reason I ask is because our new car in Florida with only 3700 miles on it broke down the other day, the transmission went, one phone call and within an hour a tow truck showed up and took it to the dealer with me in the tow truck, the dealer loaned me an almost new car until they replace the transmission, which will take around 10 days, so I got to thinking, what do people in the Philippines do?

And might it not be a better idea to buy a new car close to where a person lives if the local dealer offers some such services?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Free roadside assistance?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 10:52:16 PM »
I had AAA of the Philippines for a few years, but never had to use them.
http://www.aaphilippines.org/products.aspx?pages=emergency-roadside-services
Our comprehensive auto insurance from Alabang FPG https://www.google.com/search?q=FPG+auto+insurance+ on our 2006 Toyota Innova is still in effect and has free roadside assistance among other things.
Loaner vehicles? I doubt it very much, unless it's a new luxury vehicle purchased from a well known dealership for VIPs.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 10:59:51 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 08:45:12 AM »
Free roadside assistance/towing came with the purchase of our Hyundai last year.  Saw nothing about a loaner vehicle.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 09:09:18 AM »
The question for roadside assistance in the PHL is how long will it take for the tow truck to get there; especially if you are away from a city.  I have no experience.  We pay for roadside assistance with our car insurance from Standard Insurance.  P100 per year.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog