Author Topic: Fidelity Visa credit card exchange rate  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Fidelity Visa credit card exchange rate
« on: February 26, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »
I tried my Fidelity Visa CC yesterday while shopping at Rustan's Ayala Cebu City, charged p1250.75 and the CC company charged me US $24.93, so a pretty decent exchange rate and the card gives me 2% cash back and there is supposed to be a 1% exchange fee, thus a win win if all goes as it is supposed to.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Fidelity Visa credit card exchange rate
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 09:10:36 AM »
I used the credit card a second time, this time for a p1236.95 purchase, they charged me $24.64 and the first use they charged a 1% fee, so .24 cents, so they apparently rounded down, I will see how much the exchange fee they charge for the second use on my next statement, thus with the 2% back in cash feature, I am still ahead 1% by using the card for some of our spending in the Philippines.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 10:34:27 PM »
Very good info, Lee. I do use my visa once in a while here as well. Just to keep it active. Not sure if we get cash back; I'll have to check on this.
 :)
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 11:55:56 PM »
As if I need another credit card, but Fidelity only accepts applcations via phone call. Their site wouldn't accept new applicants to register online.
I guess I'll hold off calling them for now until I get the urge to call them, since I already have enough credit cards as it is.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog