Author Topic: Staying in Manila, where to stay on a budget  (Read 5829 times)

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Re: Staying in Manila, where to stay on a budget
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 07:36:38 PM »
I have a feeling that sooner or later the price will get more ridiculous and will be below p2,000/mo. rent as he is tired of dishing that out to someone else.  I still haven't figured out where a household of 18 can get by on a budget of USD300 a month.
For what?  Not being a d!ck.  Just honestly curious.  For what?  There is a neighbor directly across the street from where I live.  The family lives upstairs, and downstairs is a set of 4 large rooms that is rented out.  In the back, behind the home structure is a detached setup with 2 large baths that are used by the renters.  Cement structured baths with toilet and shower in it.  On the front next to the doors is a sink on each side.  Those go for over 1,500php/mo each.  A room, and detached bathrooms to share, with electric included. 
There are some cement structure apartments that are being finished now that are basically a bed/bath setup with nothing else really, but they are on the 2nd and 3rd floors in probably the driest part of town next to the cathedral and are going for close to 4k php/mo. 
Are there really homes or full apartments in Laguna for under 4k?
Cool if true, but wow.  I thought land/houses/apartments here were cheap.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 08:58:05 AM »
For what?  Not being a d!ck.  Just honestly curious.  For what?  There is a neighbor directly across the street from where I live.  The family lives upstairs, and downstairs is a set of 4 large rooms that is rented out.  In the back, behind the home structure is a detached setup with 2 large baths that are used by the renters.  Cement structured baths with toilet and shower in it.  On the front next to the doors is a sink on each side.  Those go for over 1,500php/mo each.  A room, and detached bathrooms to share, with electric included. 
There are some cement structure apartments that are being finished now that are basically a bed/bath setup with nothing else really, but they are on the 2nd and 3rd floors in probably the driest part of town next to the cathedral and are going for close to 4k php/mo. 
Are there really homes or full apartments in Laguna for under 4k?
Cool if true, but wow.  I thought land/houses/apartments here were cheap.

"For what" what Joe?  What is it you are asking me?  What?  Does it have to do with some of us thinking that some of the rent costs people put on this forum are ridiculously low?  By the way, I am not the one that said there are places in Laguna for 4k.  If some people can get down that low, more power to them.  But, I and some others are not in a position to do so and for where we are at, if that cost is available, then it is not necessarily a place where we would want to live.  And my comment about the complaint of 2k rent being too high was from another thread by a person who has been posting on the forum with answers to anything and everything and the rest of us must be dumbasses because apparently we do not know better.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 10:26:07 AM »
"For what" what Joe?  What is it you are asking me?  What?  Does it have to do with some of us thinking that some of the rent costs people put on this forum are ridiculously low?  By the way, I am not the one that said there are places in Laguna for 4k.  If some people can get down that low, more power to them.  But, I and some others are not in a position to do so and for where we are at, if that cost is available, then it is not necessarily a place where we would want to live.  And my comment about the complaint of 2k rent being too high was from another thread by a person who has been posting on the forum with answers to anything and everything and the rest of us must be dumbasses because apparently we do not know better.
Cool. Thanks for clearing that up.  Thought you were going another direction with it.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.