Author Topic: New Passport Question  (Read 971 times)

Offline Vicks

• Sr Member
New Passport Question
« on: July 09, 2017, 11:18:35 AM »
Got a new passport. Went to our local BI office to get my next extension. Made a copy of the last entry Visa stamp from my old passport because I knew that a copy of that last entry stamp is required.

What is weird is that when the clerk affixed the new Visa extension stamp in my new passport she hand wrote next to the stamp, "Arrived last 17 Sept 2014 w/ 30 day admission as per old passport no. xxxxxxxxxx." It was then signed below that by the BI officer in that office.

I immediately asked if that was going to create a problem when I go to get an ECC. She said, "No, but make sure to take your old passport with you." Considering the misinformation we have received before...we are skeptical. Dave is rolling his eyes and thinking, "Here we go again. Another trip to Intramuros." LOL

Has anyone had hand written notations placed on their passport pages? And has it created a problem when dealing with a satellite office when applying for an ECC?

Thanks again for any replies.
Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
-Sandra Carey

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: New Passport Question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:09:57 AM »
Did the same thing to my USA Passport in Iloilo BI Office

Offline Vicks

• Sr Member
Re: New Passport Question
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 03:42:07 PM »
Thank you FMSINC.

Did you have any problems when you went to get your ECC?
Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
-Sandra Carey

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog