Author Topic: Satellite WiFi  (Read 921 times)

Offline Vicks

• Sr Member
Satellite WiFi
« on: July 09, 2017, 12:43:46 PM »
I know some satellite providers offer a WiFi connection in other countries.

Our WiFi is slower than an old "Dial Up" connection. Many times it is on, then off, then on again. Frustrating to say the least.

Does any one know of the availability of a satellite WiFi systems here in the Philippines?
Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
-Sandra Carey

Offline balutsky

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Satellite WiFi
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 11:35:35 AM »
Satellite WiFi is very expensive.  I tried looking at a this service since I was planning on buying a sailboat.  Iridium is the only company that I can find that delivers a pretty good service at a price.  They charge like 60 cents per MB of data.  The Philippines has the most expensive net services and yet the slowest.  Hopefully it will change with this administration.

Offline David690

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Londoner at heart

Offline Vicks

• Sr Member
Re: Satellite WiFi
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 03:48:32 PM »
Thank you balutsky and David690 for your information.

Personally, I don't believe the administration will bring change, especially when the telecoms have the National Telecommunications Commission in their pockets.

Getting the government out of business and creating a true free market system will improve services and lower the costs.
Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
-Sandra Carey

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog