Author Topic: Family & Friends Trying To Convince Me Not To Come!  (Read 3914 times)

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Re: Family & Friends Trying To Convince Me Not To Come!
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2018, 01:25:25 PM »
Try visiting south of Iowa (Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas) in summer and tell me how it feels  :D
Lived in Arkansas.  It's West Michigan's August heat plus some...but goes on for months on end.  Way too hot for me.  I actually prefer what is here in the part of the Phils I live in.  Only during the hottest part of the year does it get up into that area and that's a few weeks to a month long.  Then back to the 80-90 degree days one after another. 
The cold and snow that I loved as a youth I hate now.  Happy I don't have to live in that anymore. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline FRaymie

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2018, 12:56:50 AM »
UNGGOY,
Not sure how many 'Americans' were beheaded last year in the PI either! EVERY place has good and bad... I believe it's what you make of each. I also believe if you expect the bad more than the good...you will get it.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2018, 06:26:26 AM »

How many times a year are Americans kidnapped-for-ransom and beheaded in the USA.
Something to seriously consider before going to the Philippines.

Link showing the number of beheadings by the Abu Sayyaf. You might be surprised to find no Americans listed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Sayyaf_beheading_incidents

The following is a list of people who were beheaded worldwide arranged alphabetically by country or region and with date of decapitation. It includes who individuals may have lost their heads either accidentally or intentionally (as a form of execution or posthumously).

Looks to me like "jolly old England" holds the record. No slur intended

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_were_beheaded
Louisville, KY USA

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2018, 10:33:05 AM »
I like the one in Austria who was dug up back in 1809 after he was buried so that he could be beheaded.  A couple of guys who had a gripe with him apparently wanted his head.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2018, 12:54:12 PM »
one in Austria who was dug up back in 1809 after he was buried so that he could be beheaded. 

Now that's a grudge.

Offline UNGGOY

• BANNED for insulting members
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2018, 05:39:08 AM »
Link showing the number of beheadings by the Abu Sayyaf. You might be surprised to find no Americans listed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Sayyaf_beheading_incidents

The following is a list of people who were beheaded worldwide arranged alphabetically by country or region and with date of decapitation. It includes who individuals may have lost their heads either accidentally or intentionally (as a form of execution or posthumously).

Looks to me like "jolly old England" holds the record. No slur intended

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_were_beheaded

There are Americans listed as being beheaded though.

And curious, your fist list lists tons of people in the Philippines beheaded. The second list, shows 2.

But then again, you linked to wikipedia, which is maybe a joke?
This member has been BANNED for repeatedly insulting other members.

Offline UNGGOY

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2018, 05:43:22 AM »
I like the one in Austria who was dug up back in 1809 after he was buried so that he could be beheaded.  A couple of guys who had a gripe with him apparently wanted his head.

That is some serious vengeance.

I don't think even I have hated anyone that much.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2018, 10:14:20 AM »
That is some serious vengeance.

I don't think even I have hated anyone that much.

There's also a king form a European country(spain maybe...can't remember) that upon his becoming king after the death of his father, dug up his dead wife, had her sit on the throne, and made his people bow to her, then had her put back in the grave.  I have heard that so many times from history books, sites, what have you...but the reasons always have been revenge on the ones needing to do the bowing and more so than not, the reports stated that the subjects the king brought in also were made to kiss a ring on the hand of of dead queen. 

That new king/dead queen had some serious need for revenge.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2018, 06:14:42 AM »
There are Americans listed as being beheaded though.

And curious, your fist list lists tons of people in the Philippines beheaded. The second list, shows 2.

But then again, you linked to wikipedia, which is maybe a joke?

So, 2 Americans killed is a reason for not coming to the PH?
Louisville, KY USA

Offline UNGGOY

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2018, 11:30:53 PM »
So, 2 Americans killed is a reason for not coming to the PH?
An American is killed about once a month. They are targeted because of their race and nationality.

Not to mention terrorism.

Abduction-for-ransom.

Death squads.

Disappeared persons.

If you are cool with being abducted and tortured by terrorists, because a retarded and contradictory opensource website like wikipedia told you your chances of being beheaded are not too high for your comfort level, that is fine. But many would disagree.

Just think people need to be real about the 3rd most dangerous nation in the world and not make it out to be a paradise simply becasue there are young desperate women available for trafficking.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2018, 02:11:03 AM »
An American is killed about once a month. They are targeted because of their race and nationality.

Not to mention terrorism.

Abduction-for-ransom.

Death squads.

Disappeared persons.

If you are cool with being abducted and tortured by terrorists, because a retarded and contradictory opensource website like wikipedia told you your chances of being beheaded are not too high for your comfort level, that is fine. But many would disagree.

Just think people need to be real about the 3rd most dangerous nation in the world and not make it out to be a paradise simply becasue there are young desperate women available for trafficking.

That is some of the most twisted, bizarre stuff I've ever read. It must be miserable living around you. Please remind me to not be in the same province as you. Ever
Louisville, KY USA

Offline UNGGOY

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2018, 02:48:05 AM »
That is some of the most twisted, bizarre stuff I've ever read. It must be miserable living around you. Please remind me to not be in the same province as you. Ever

So... you believe in terrorism and human trafficking?

You better not be in my same province, or I'll du30 you!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2018, 09:09:04 AM »
So... you believe in terrorism and human trafficking?

You better not be in my same province, or I'll du30 you!
Cool it dude, you seem to be going overboard, you can voice your opinion based on your experience but when you start putting others down or threatening them for their opinions, then you are pushing your limits and if you continue, then you will end up history on this forum,
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2018, 09:24:09 AM »
Cool it dude, you seem to be going overboard, you can voice your opinion based on your experience but when you start putting others down or threatening them for their opinions, then you are pushing your limits and if you continue, then you will end up history on this forum,

He has been insulting people left and right ever since he has been on the board.  He can't figure out where he is from and thinks he is something special of a higher intelligence category than the rest of us.  Probably nothing more than some college kid in his dorm and when he is bored, gets on here and spends hours trying to screw with people.  Needs his butt kicked off and if anyone doesn't like what I just said, then kick my butt too.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline FRaymie

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2018, 09:30:59 AM »
Agree with BudM, I get the impression that it's a group of folks. Provides a lot of posts daily for one person who also has a job?? Every response  is controversial, insulting  and/or  anti PI.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog