Author Topic: Family & Friends Trying To Convince Me Not To Come!  (Read 5492 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Family & Friends Trying To Convince Me Not To Come!
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2018, 09:37:16 AM »
He has been insulting people left and right ever since he has been on the board.  He can't figure out where he is from and thinks he is something special of a higher intelligence category than the rest of us.  Probably nothing more than some college kid in his dorm and when he is bored, gets on here and spends hours trying to screw with people.  Needs his butt kicked off and if anyone doesn't like what I just said, then kick my butt too.
I tried the ''IGNORE LIST" under profile settings, but it doesn't get rid of posts from showing up on the active board of recent posts. Maybe the offender will get kicked off soon. This forum has been overly crazy active lately, but enough is enough of all the insults!   
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline FastWalk

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2018, 09:39:54 AM »
Cool it dude, you seem to be going overboard, you can voice your opinion based on your experience but when you start putting others down or threatening them for their opinions, then you are pushing your limits and if you continue, then you will end up history on this forum,

Me thinks it is a troll.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

“Old men do not grow wise. They grow careful.”
“Keep on rocking in the free world”

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2018, 10:00:21 AM »
He has been insulting people left and right ever since he has been on the board.  He can't figure out where he is from and thinks he is something special of a higher intelligence category than the rest of us.  Probably nothing more than some college kid in his dorm and when he is bored, gets on here and spends hours trying to screw with people.  Needs his butt kicked off and if anyone doesn't like what I just said, then kick my butt too.

Pls. put me in BudM's camp.  This guy (or whatever) has been rather offensive and has accused me of knowing nothing of the Phils, the U.S. or anything and, on top, says I am a troll.  As I pointed out in another thread, in the past day he has heaped calumnies on me, JoeLP, Gray Wolf and probably others.

I don't come here looking for fights,  but I am no shrinking violet.  I do not mind someone disagreeing with my posts.  But I'll fire back if called "insane", "ridiculous" or a troll, or some of the other comments directed to me of late.

If I have failed to identify my own similar failings and some here have felt abused by me, pls. say so.  I'll endeavor to make amends and, failing that, I shall withdraw from this honorable assembly without the need of a formal banishment ceremony and I promise not to try to sneak back in using an alias and different ISP number. 

Offline UNGGOY

• BANNED for insulting members
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2018, 10:18:17 AM »
Cool it dude, you seem to be going overboard, you can voice your opinion based on your experience but when you start putting others down or threatening them for their opinions, then you are pushing your limits and if you continue, then you will end up history on this forum,
OK. Explain to me why terrorism and human trafficking are GOOD? Voice your opinion.
This member has been BANNED for repeatedly insulting other members.

Offline UNGGOY

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2018, 10:28:00 AM »
Agree with BudM, I get the impression that it's a group of folks. Provides a lot of posts daily for one person who also has a job?? Every response  is controversial, insulting  and/or  anti PI.

Being informative, educated, and realistic is SO controversial.

You do not think your post is insulting?

There are bad things in the Philippines. What? We can't talk about it? Why?

Is it not important that people be informed?

How about we discuss anything I have posted that I am wrong about? Am I wrong about anything I posted? Discuss it.

Offline UNGGOY

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2018, 10:35:25 AM »
When have I insulted someone? I seem to remember it the other way around.

I have always known where I am from. What does that even mean?

Are you offended that I am more intelligent than you?

College kid. With 7 kids. Who has lived around the world. Including 10 years in the Philippines. Where I have a higher status than most of you. Speak several local languages. Which are banned on the forum for some reason. OK.

Sure your post is totally not insulting. I will try to type like you more.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2018, 10:38:24 AM »
When have I insulted someone? I seem to remember it the other way around.

I have always known where I am from. What does that even mean?

Are you offended that I am more intelligent than you?

College kid. With 7 kids. Who has lived around the world. Including 10 years in the Philippines. Where I have a higher status than most of you. Speak several local languages. Which are banned on the forum for some reason. OK.

Sure your post is totally not insulting. I will try to type like you more.
Member was warned, now banned. 
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2018, 11:01:39 AM »
OK!  Let us get back to normal on here.  Everyone have a good day.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Pelican

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2018, 06:13:03 AM »
NYC?     Six dollars for cigarettes, and six dollars for the tax...…………Whew!

Offline Dawg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2018, 08:02:35 AM »
This thread was kind of beaten up but I see Lee got it back on track. I think it's important as this will happen to a lot of expats.

I had been planning on moving to the Philippines for several years before the move. I visited, researched and asked a lot of questions. About 6 months before I moved here friends and relatives stepped up their game to spoil my plans. Now, they did this out of love but still, very few looked at what I was doing seriously. The common retort was, You can't do that. The funny thing is, what they meant was I can't do that!

Not everyone is going to share your dream...but you are not dreaming for them.
Life doesn't always work out the way you expect
Sometimes it's better!

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2018, 06:47:42 PM »

Now, they did this out of love but still, very few looked at what I was doing seriously. The common retort was, You can't do that. The funny thing is, what they meant was I can't do that!

Not everyone is going to share your dream...but you are not dreaming for them.

Absolutely. One of my regrets is I didn't cotton onto this sooner. My default position was always "other people who are wiser than me have my best interests at heart". The reality was they were offering fear-based opinions - opinions that were not based on real knowledge or experience. I'm glad I eventually learned to ignore that noise.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog