Author Topic: 13a visa annual report from abroad? or downgrade the visa?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Sequoia

13a visa annual report from abroad? or downgrade the visa?
« on: August 18, 2017, 10:31:24 AM »
Hello,

I lived and worked in the Philippines and obtained a 13a visa; this was mostly the idea of my employer, who could avoid the hassle of obtaining work visas for me if I had the 13a. However, I got a new job outside the Philippines, and I moved out of the PI with my Filipina wife family about a month ago. 

I am wondering if I can somehow keep the 13a visa without having to return to the Philippines every year to do the annual report, or if it would be better simply to downgrade to a tourist visa the next time I am in the Philippines. I might find work in the Philippines some time in the unforeseeable future, and I plan to visit the PI at times, but not every year. Any thoughts or related experience on this?

Thanks!

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: 13a visa annual report from abroad? or downgrade the visa?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:15:53 PM »
The following is from the BI website:

Note: Monthly fine of P200.00 for delayed Annual Report (reckoned from March 2 of the current year).
Annual Report Fee is assessed once the arrival of the applicant falls on or before Nov. 2 of the preceding year.

One of our members(MCA) had to pay it a few years back and if I remember correctly he paid the fine for a few years worth of not filing.  So php 2400 per year from last filing plus express lane fees, etc.  It is also my understanding that it can be left with someone here a long with a power of attorney to process it yearly for you.  You would need to verify that with BI.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 05:04:44 PM »
http://immigration.gov.ph/51-forms/496-alien-registration-and-annual-report#advisory

"An alien who returns to the Philippines with a re-entry permit shall, if he/she has not yet made the required annual report, make such report within thirty (30) days from the date of his/her return to this country, no fines shall be imposed."

However, your re-entry permit is only good for 1 year.  If you are out of the PHL for more than 1 year and your re-entry permit expires, your 13A permanent resident visa is no longer valid.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:16:08 PM by suzukig1 »

Offline UNGGOY

• BANNED for insulting members
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 01:24:22 AM »
Good to know.

I paid all my dues within days of coming back, the one time I was gone too long.

But I don't see the new law on your residency expiring with your RP?
This member has been BANNED for repeatedly insulting other members.

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 10:39:56 AM »
Good to know.

I paid all my dues within days of coming back, the one time I was gone too long.

But I don't see the new law on your residency expiring with your RP?

I may have misstated and you may be right.  The visa definitely is no longer valid.  You may be able to re-enter as a tourist and then go to immigration to straighten out the residency issue.

Offline UNGGOY

• BANNED for insulting members
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 11:29:23 AM »
I may have misstated and you may be right.  The visa definitely is no longer valid.  You may be able to re-enter as a tourist and then go to immigration to straighten out the residency issue.
It's not really a visa, since you have already been admitted to the country and have Residency.

I had to pay my fines, even though I went immediately. So if they changed that, that is good.

But I was curious if there was a source for the new law that you lose your Residency if your RP expires?
This member has been BANNED for repeatedly insulting other members.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 11:54:31 AM »
It's not really a visa, since you have already been admitted to the country and have Residency.

I had to pay my fines, even though I went immediately. So if they changed that, that is good.

But I was curious if there was a source for the new law that you lose your Residency if your RP expires?

Maybe you need to inform BI of that since they consider 9 series and 13 series visas.  The BB on the other hand is a privilege not a visa.  SRRV(Special Retiree Resident Visa).  Good luck on that! ;D

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog