Author Topic: Foreigners in PHL told to report to BI for annual report  (Read 327 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Foreigners in PHL told to report to BI for annual report
« on: December 27, 2017, 08:25:04 AM »
Just a reminder to foreign nationals who have been issued immigrant or non-immigrant visas and are holders of the alien certificate of registration identity card (ACR I-Card).

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Tuesday urged all foreign nationals registered with the agency that they have to report in person starting on January and until March 1 next year.

Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said the annual report of aliens is required under the 1951 Alien Registration Act and those who will fail to comply may be fined or imprisoned.

Under the law, all BI-registered aliens are obliged to report to the BI main office in Intramuros, Manila or the nearest participating BI field, satellite or extension office in their place within the first 60 days of every calendar year.
MORE
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Re: Foreigners in PHL told to report to BI for annual report
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 09:44:02 PM »
Thank you for posting.  I wasn't due back till April and I did not get this notice in any emails or fb links.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Foreigners in PHL told to report to BI for annual report
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 10:49:41 PM »
Thank you for posting.  I wasn't due back till April and I did not get this notice in any emails or fb links.

You are welcome but I am not sure it includes you, it depends on what type of visa you are staying on, when you wrote that you are not due to April, it leads me to think that you are staying on tourist visa, if so then I think you are not included in the need to do the annual report, I believe (but I am not sure) it is just for permanent residents.
http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/annual-report-a-r

All registered aliens and ACR I-Card holders except Temporary Visitorís Visa holders or Tourist Visa holders
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog