Author Topic: Drugs  (Read 837 times)

Offline sacalait

• Just an American who paid way too much taxes, for others to collect???
  • Sr Member
Drugs
« on: January 11, 2018, 01:04:29 PM »
I just travelled back to the US for the first time in 2 months. Over the past year, I found a doctor to prescribe my pain meds for sciatica in the right hip. I just was searched by our great customs officers, and even with a prescription from a real doctor at a real hospital, they took all of my pain meds. These people even destroyed my luggage and crammed my things into my bags. Not as it was packed. This is one of the reasons that I HATE THE USA. These people with minimal education, tore through my luggage as if I was a drug dealer. I had my prescriptions signed by my doctor before leaving the Philippines. I was told by the bull dyke in customs that the prescription was no good. Then he/she continued to rifle through my bags and tear everything up, while I missed my flight. I spent 2 hours being grilled and finally made it to Houston, only to find that I had lost my hotel room, and so I slept outside at IAH airport. I have never been, oh, yes, I have been treared like this before by the IRS, but they didnt make me sleep on a bench outside in short sleeves in 50 degree weather? . I HATE THIS COUNTRY  !!!!!!! This is why I moved to the Philippines. The USA SUCKS BAD!!!!!!! I ONLY COME BACK HERE TO EARN MONEY!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Drugs
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 08:39:23 PM »
Welcome back to the forum Scott, sorry to hear of your issues with U.S. Customs, there are laws that must be followed and a person bringing in meds should make sure they followed those laws, at least thankfully they did not lock you up, they probably could have for bring in pain medication if all laws were not followed, how much did you have, was it over 90 days worth? If you met the standards then I suggest you contact the FDA, CBP and your representative to make a complaint, at least our govt allows us complaints and ways to have recourse.

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm484154.htm
A: When you come to the United States with medications, you fall under the authority of FDA, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents operating the nation’s airports. There are varying restrictions, and different agencies may have other requirements or jurisdiction over a product. So check with each agency before you plan to travel with medications into the country.

In general, you should have with you a valid prescription or doctor’s note—written in English—to bring medication to the U.S. The medication should be in its original container with the doctor’s instructions printed on the bottle. If you don’t have the original container, bring a copy of your prescription or a letter from your doctor explaining your condition and why you need this medication. Travel with no more than you need for your personal use during your stay. A rule of thumb: Bring no more than a 90-day supply of medication.

If you’re staying longer than 90 days, you may have additional medication sent to you by mail or courier. Include documentation showing that the medication is being sent for your own use while visiting the United States. This documentation may include: a copy of your visa and passport, a letter from your doctor, and a copy of your prescription (in English).

A: If you have questions for FDA about traveling with medications, contact the Division of Drug Information at 855-543-DRUG (3784) or email us at druginfo@fda.hhs.gov.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 11:44:23 PM »
How much is minimal education?  Maybe that is all I have too.  How much do you have?
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 08:12:46 PM »
So I would that after 2 hours of being grilled by Customs your education has increased to a masters degree

Offline sacalait

• Just an American who paid way too much taxes, for others to collect???
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 11:36:14 AM »
Hey BudM, I have 3 degrees. Economics, Journalism, and Marketing. I think the US Customs people have a GED, which requires the brain of a monkey with enough time to sit in a cage and pay the money ??? Hahaha !!!

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 01:59:15 PM »
Pretty much every form of "brick and mortar" school teaching in the USA is monkeys in cages answering standardized tests that demand students to become sheep.  From K-Grad School.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 06:35:33 PM »
Pretty much every form of "brick and mortar" school teaching in the USA is monkeys in cages answering standardized tests that demand students to become sheep.  From K-Grad School.

Don't worry about him.  He is just shooting his mouth off.  He sent me a PM telling me about all his degrees and degrading civil servants.  He must have checked and saw that I had been one.  Plus, he is the only one who has busted his butt as he was or is a roofer or something.  You know what?  As smart as he is, he must be one of those liberal professors trying to brainwash the kids.  The guy is one of those ones who do not have a clue.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 06:58:33 PM »
Don't worry about him.  He is just shooting his mouth off.  He sent me a PM telling me about all his degrees and degrading civil servants.  He must have checked and saw that I had been one.  Plus, he is the only one who has busted his butt as he was or is a roofer or something.  You know what?  As smart as he is, he must be one of those liberal professors trying to brainwash the kids.  The guy is one of those ones who do not have a clue.

In my 70 years on this earth I have met a lot of educated idiots.   Many have multiple degrees are book smart, but have no common sense. They even become professors as I found out my first year in college in 1965.  Book smart means nothing if you can not apply the  principles you have learned.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 11:42:08 PM »
Hey BudM, I have 3 degrees. Economics, Journalism, and Marketing. I think the US Customs people have a GED, which requires the brain of a monkey with enough time to sit in a cage and pay the money ??? Hahaha !!!
I personally think it is wrong to insult a whole group of people because you had a problem with one or even more of them. If the customs agent or agents broke the law/rules, then shame on him and you should report him using your higher education skills but if you broke the law/rules, then shame on you and take it like a man. Guys like the one who took away your meds protect us all, we should respect them as a group and only take out our anger on the one particular one, and that is only if he was wrong, Scott did you follow all the rules as posted? if so then he was wrong and report him to his superiors and if not then man up.

Also IMO the U.S. is a great country.

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm484154.htm
In general, you should have with you a valid prescription or doctor’s note—written in English—to bring medication to the U.S. The medication should be in its original container with the doctor’s instructions printed on the bottle. If you don’t have the original container, bring a copy of your prescription or a letter from your doctor explaining your condition and why you need this medication. Travel with no more than you need for your personal use during your stay. A rule of thumb: Bring no more than a 90-day supply of medication.

If you’re staying longer than 90 days, you may have additional medication sent to you by mail or courier. Include documentation showing that the medication is being sent for your own use while visiting the United States. This documentation may include: a copy of your visa and passport, a letter from your doctor, and a copy of your prescription (in English).

Q: What if there’s a generic available overseas but not here?

A: FDA does not permit personal importation of unapproved versions of FDA-approved drugs from foreign countries. FDA cannot assure that foreign-made versions of FDA-approved drugs have been properly manufactured, are safe and effective, and are the same formulation as the FDA-approved versions.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:58:57 AM by Lee2 »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline FastWalk

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 11:50:04 PM »
In my 70 years on this earth I have met a lot of educated idiots.   Many have multiple degrees are book smart, but have no common sense. They even become professors as I found out my first year in college in 1965.  Book smart means nothing if you can not apply the  principles you have learned.

Chuck
That is why now days in high tech field of work,  we usually don't filter completely by formal education.  The ability and motivation to solve problems is not always measured in school certificates.  Many super stars in the field are self taught or with a mentor.

I have met some amazing teachers at all levels,  and others that are teaching because they can't really do anything else.
“Old men do not grow wise. They grow careful.”
“Keep on rocking in the free world”

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog