Author Topic: 4 weeks in the Phils coming to a close  (Read 2254112 times)

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: 4 weeks in the Phils coming to a close
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2018, 07:03:24 AM »
If you read the link you posted, you would see that one does NOT need an Alien Employment Permit to work in the Philippines. There is no need to contact them about a rule YOU made up.

Funny how you know nothing about the law in the Philippines, culture, salary, or anything at all, and you insult ME? Why are you here? Just to troll?

The link I posted outlines on the first page:

1. What is an Alien Employment Permit (AEP)?  An Alien Employment Permit is a document issued by the Department of Labor and Employment which authorizes a foreign national to work in the Philippines.
2. Who are the foreign nationals required to apply for an AEP?
   All foreign nationals who intend to engage in gainful employment in the Philippines.
   All foreign nationals who intend to engage in gainful employment in the Philippines;
   Foreign professionals who are allowed to practice their profession in the Philippines under reciprocity and other international agreements and in consultancy services pursuant to Section 7(j) of the PRC Modernization Act of 2000.
   Holders of Special Investors Resident Visa (SIRV), Special Retirees Resident Visa (SRRV), Treaty Traders Visa (9d) or Special Non-Immigrant Visa (47(a)2) for as long as they occupy any executive, advisory, supervisory, or technical position in any establishment.

I haven't even begun to insult you.  But it's tempting to start.

Here are some links to salary stats (from 2015) supporting my claim that a monthly wage in the range of P20,000 is not all that uncommon in the Phils:

https://www.psa.gov.ph/content/average-family-income-2015-estimated-22-thousand-pesos-monthly-results-2015-family-income

http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary-survey.php?loc=171&loctype=1

One speaks of an average of about P22,000, the other, about P45,000.  I think the latter to be stating things on the high side, but perhaps not. 

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:19:44 AM by Hestecrefter »

Offline UNGGOY

• BANNED for insulting members
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2018, 10:16:13 AM »
The link I posted outlines on the first page:

1. What is an Alien Employment Permit (AEP)?  An Alien Employment Permit is a document issued by the Department of Labor and Employment which authorizes a foreign national to work in the Philippines.
2. Who are the foreign nationals required to apply for an AEP?
   All foreign nationals who intend to engage in gainful employment in the Philippines.
   All foreign nationals who intend to engage in gainful employment in the Philippines;
   Foreign professionals who are allowed to practice their profession in the Philippines under reciprocity and other international agreements and in consultancy services pursuant to Section 7(j) of the PRC Modernization Act of 2000.
   Holders of Special Investors Resident Visa (SIRV), Special Retirees Resident Visa (SRRV), Treaty Traders Visa (9d) or Special Non-Immigrant Visa (47(a)2) for as long as they occupy any executive, advisory, supervisory, or technical position in any establishment.

I haven't even begun to insult you.  But it's tempting to start.

Here are some links to salary stats (from 2015) supporting my claim that a monthly wage in the range of P20,000 is not all that uncommon in the Phils:

https://www.psa.gov.ph/content/average-family-income-2015-estimated-22-thousand-pesos-monthly-results-2015-family-income

http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary-survey.php?loc=171&loctype=1

One speaks of an average of about P22,000, the other, about P45,000.  I think the latter to be stating things on the high side, but perhaps not.

OK, I make about 20,000, on average, and I am basically the richest person I know. Apart from my bosses, there are very few people you will meet that make more than me.

One thing you are probably not considering, is that even if the PSA link is accurate, it is likely for LEGAL jobs. The vast majority of the populous works illegally. Not only in Manila, but there are entire barangay where not a single person has a real job. They run sarisari, sell fish in the pelengke, are yaya. Most people you encounter working are not getting SSS, PhilHealth, PagIBIG, etc. And are getting paid 1,000-2,000 a month, under-the-table. Think about any place you go. Not only the ones I listed above, but sales ladies, restaurants, pharmacies, transportation.

If the PSA link is correct, they are probably looking at 10% of the population.

As for the Alien Employment Permit being required for working? Don't you feel like a dunce for lying earlier? It does not "insult" me. It makes you look less credible.
This member has been BANNED for repeatedly insulting other members.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2018, 10:47:43 AM »
3. Who are exempted from securing AEP?
The following categories of foreign nationals are exempt from securing AEP:

1. Members of the diplomatic services and foreign government officials accredited by the Philippine government;
2. Officers and staff of international organizations of which the Philippine government is a cooperating member, and their legitimate spouses desiring to work in the Philippines;
3. Foreign nationals elected as members of the Governing Board who do not occupy any other position, but have only voting rights in the corporation;
4. All foreign nationals granted exemption by special laws and all other laws that may be promulgated by the Congress;
5. Owners and representatives of foreign principals, whose companies are accredited by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), who come to the Philippines for a limited period solely for the purpose of interviewing Filipino applicants for employment abroad;
6. Foreign nationals who come to the Philippines to teach, present and/or conduct research studies in universities and colleges as visiting, exchange or adjunct professors under formal agreements between the universities or colleges in the Philippines and foreign universities or colleges; or between the Philippine government and foreign government; provided that the exemption is on a reciprocal basis; and
7. Resident foreign nationals and temporary or probationary resident visa holders employed or seeking employment in the Philippines.

Chuck
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:54:15 AM by bigrod »
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »

As for the Alien Employment Permit being required for working? Don't you feel like a dunce for lying earlier? It does not "insult" me. It makes you look less credible.

I recognize that the poster in question has been banned, but I'll not permit the above comment to stand uncontradicted. 

True, I did not copy and paste the exemptions from the Alien Employment Permit requirement, because I did not think for a minute that someone who writes like Unggoy could possibly be a member of "the diplomatic services", nor could he fall within any of the other exemptions.  So he, like most foreigners, would require a permit, just as I said.  So should I feel "like a dunce for lying earlier"?  Where was the lie?  To top it off, we got onto the permit tangent because I made what I thought was a non-provocative statement, saying I assumed he had a legal right to work in the Phils.  I did not suggest he was working there illegally, so I am at a loss to know what set him off.

I know I should not be bothered by any of this, but in some way I am.  The banned member manifested a seething rage and hostility to people who are strangers. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:04:05 PM by Lee2 »

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2018, 01:08:32 PM »
Okay, it is done and you had your say, and rightfully so, but lets not push this onward, as UNGGOY is Blocked and therefore cannot reply, and IMO, even banned members have some rights.

Thank you for hopefully understanding.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2018, 01:18:41 PM »
I recognize that the poster in question has been banned, but I'll not permit the above comment to stand uncontradicted. 

True, I did not copy and paste the exemptions from the Alien Employment Permit requirement, because I did not think for a minute that someone who writes like Unggoy could possibly be a member of "the diplomatic services", nor could he fall within any of the other exemptions.  So he, like most foreigners, would require a permit, just as I said.  So should I feel "like a dunce for lying earlier"?  Where was the lie?  To top it off, we got onto the permit tangent because I made what I thought was a non-provocative statement, saying I assumed he had a legal right to work in the Phils.  I did not suggest he was working there illegally, so I am at a loss to know what set him off.

I know I should not be bothered by any of this, but in some way I am.  The banned member manifested a seething rage and hostility to people who are strangers.

Since the individual stated that he is a permanent resident visa holder(If I remember correctly) he would be exempt under Rule 7.  Unless the rules have changed 13a Visa holders are permitted to work in the Philippines.  According to Rule 7 they would be exempt.  I am not arguing one side or the other, just trying to provide correct information for the forum.  We have many 13a holders in the forum and if my interpretation is wrong please advise.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/permanent-resident-visa

Chuck
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:27:29 PM by bigrod »

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2018, 01:29:10 PM »
Since the individual stated that he is a permanent resident visa holder(If I remember correctly) he would be exempt under Rule 7.  Unless the rules have changed 13a Visa holders are permitted to work in the Philippines.  According to Rule 7 they would be exempt.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/permanent-resident-visa

Chuck

I guess that means I lied and I am a dunce.  Perhaps the banned member should be invited back into the fold. He is learned, and has rights. It is I who should be excommunicated. 

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »
I guess that means I lied and I am a dunce.  Perhaps the banned member should be invited back into the fold. He is learned, and has rights. It is I who should be excommunicated.

Being wrong or incorrect has never been a reason to be banned. ;D  We hopefully learn on the forum from those that have prior experience or knowledge.  I still learn things daily at 70 years of age and hopefully don't forget more than I learned that day.

Chuck