Author Topic: Prepaid Sim card exchange now available from Smsrt  (Read 264 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Prepaid Sim card exchange now available from Smsrt
« on: February 19, 2018, 07:48:36 PM »
Nila and I went to Smart in SM Seaside with our original card that our old full size sims came in and they replaced both of ours for free with new multicut LTE sim cards that work great. The only hang up was that it took hours for the new cards to come online, so do not do it if you might be expecting a call or text.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
Re: Prepaid Sim card exchange now available from Smsrt
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 09:45:44 PM »
Nila and I went to Smart in SM Seaside with our original card that our old full size sims came in and they replaced both of ours for free with new multicut LTE sim cards that work great. The only hang up was that it took hours for the new cards to come online, so do not do it if you might be expecting a call or text.

Also, available from Globe.  I did it a few years ago (when the iPhone 6 came out).  By their non-reaction at the local Globe office it seemed like a normal request for them.  But if I remember correctly I had to go back the next day to pick up my smaller sim.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Prepaid Sim card exchange now available from Smsrt
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:24:51 PM »
I had been told many times over the years that doing this was not possible, even as late as last trip over in 2017 when I went to the Smart office in Ayala, since I always roam with my number when we leave the Philippines and up until last year it supposedly was not possible to roam with an LTE number, so I thought I would let you all know that it is possible to get a new multiicut LTE prepaid sim card for your old phone number and you also will be able to roam with it, I wish they would have done this for me last year, then I would not have had to change phone numbers from my old Smart number. If anyone wants my new number send me a private message.

Also last year I bought a new Smart Buddy LTE sim, it came with an old number issued around 20 plus years ago. My wife has a sim around 20 plus years old, Smart was surprised to see anyone with a sim that old, it was close to one of the first ones issued by Smart, I joked with them that we should win a price since the sim is an antique lol, well the sim I bought last year has the same first 5 digits as hers, and the number I got is even older than hers is, based on the number itself, so Smart is now reissuing older phone numbers.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog