Author Topic: More condos for Cebu, please say it isn't so :(  (Read 534 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
More condos for Cebu, please say it isn't so :(
« on: February 20, 2018, 07:37:50 AM »
I cannot believe anyone would be foolish enough to approve even more condo units to screw up the traffic anymore than it already is. :(
HLURB 7 approves 39 condo projects in 2017
This translates to 3,829 condominium units that were added in the regionís residential condominium segment, particularly in the cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu.
Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/business/2018/02/19/hlurb-7-approves-39-condo-projects-2017-589774
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Bisaya gyud

Re: More condos for Cebu, please say it isn't so :(
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 08:36:41 AM »
Cebu's economic boom will bring sea changes to the city. The opening of the new airport terminal later this year is expected to triple the number of foreign tourists.

I'm just glad I bought a condo while they're still affordable, because prices will be going nowhere but up at a rapid pace.
Visayas * Cebu * Leyte

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 08:48:43 AM »
Cebu's economic boom will bring sea changes to the city. The opening of the new airport terminal later this year is expected to triple the number of foreign tourists.

I'm just glad I bought a condo while they're still affordable, because prices will be going nowhere but up at a rapid pace.
We bought our condo in 2007, so we have been getting our use out of it and also it has doubled in price but with the terrible maintenance on looks here, who knows what it might be worth, we did sell our extra condo at a profit last year, so we got to use it for friends and guests and still made some money on the sale after the Philippines took their cut in cap gains tax.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Bisaya gyud

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 01:40:58 AM »
Due to the economic boom, people are flocking to Cebu City. Because of the mountains and close proximity of other cities and municipalities, CC can't expand much geographically. So there's only one viable solution for the population influx, more high-rise condos.

The situation isn't as bad as it seems, because at least in the Philippines,  there's nowhere near one parking space per unit. There are typically parking spaces available for no more than a third of the units in most high-rises, and often even a lower percentage than that.

Many Filipino condo dwellers, and numerous expats like myself, rely on public transportation. So more high-rises won't worsen the traffic situation as much as some might think.
Visayas * Cebu * Leyte

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog