Author Topic: ACR 1 Card  (Read 1734 times)

Offline danilo666

ACR 1 Card
« on: February 23, 2018, 01:08:31 AM »
After a year on the Balikbayan, do I have to pay for the ACR 1 card if I choose to extend my stay as allowed for an extra year?

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
Re: ACR 1 Card
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 03:13:41 PM »
Yes.  At the same time you get your 1st extension after your 1 year Balikbayan privilege is up.  I have done it before.

You can use visa extension waivers for up to 2 more years; 3 years total including the 1 year Balikbayan privilege.

Offline danilo666

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 05:20:28 PM »
Thank you Suzukig. So On the first extension you get the ACR 1 card, do you have to pay for the yearly extensions' every 2 months like a tourist visa? Or is it a one off payment? I'm weighing up the costs compared to leaving and entering the country each year. The first time I stayed in the Philippines for a year I used the tourist visa route. I was unaware off the Balikbayan. The second time I stayed 6 months I used the Balikbayan. The ACR 1 card is pretty new to me as well. This is all in preparation for when we return for good in 6 years. At the moment we just have a months vacation and check up trip so it's no big deal.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 06:00:39 PM »
Why don't you just apply for a 13a?

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline danilo666

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 06:02:55 PM »
Hi Chuck I will look into that too as well.

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 06:17:43 PM »
I will answer my own 13A situation.

I'm basically lazy.

We travel out of the PHL on vacation almost every year so I come back in under the Balikbayan privilege.  Since 2007 we have only missed 1 year of not traveling outside of the PHL together.

We would have to travel to Manila for the 13A (or a 4 to 5 hour car ride to the closest immigration office that will process a 13A application).  For us it takes at least 3 trips to finish the 13A process; 1 for the NBI clearance.  (An NBI clearance is not available to foreigners at our local NBI office.)  1 to apply and interview for the 13A and 1 to pick my passport with the 13A and the ACR-i card.  This would be for a probationary 13A.  1 year later we would have to do everything all over again for the permanent 13A.

It's on my list of things to do.  (That list has 1 item on it.)

Offline danilo666

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 06:19:20 PM »
Hi Chuck a bit off paperwork involved with the 13a visa, the fees aren't bad though, this is on a yearly renewal basis I presume? With the police clearance and NBI clearance, what transgressions would stop you getting the visa? All my misdemeanours were minor, considered minor and now classed as spent here.

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 06:22:26 PM »
Thank you Suzukig. So On the first extension you get the ACR 1 card, do you have to pay for the yearly extensions' every 2 months like a tourist visa? Or is it a one off payment? I'm weighing up the costs compared to leaving and entering the country each year. The first time I stayed in the Philippines for a year I used the tourist visa route. I was unaware off the Balikbayan. The second time I stayed 6 months I used the Balikbayan. The ACR 1 card is pretty new to me as well. This is all in preparation for when we return for good in 6 years. At the moment we just have a months vacation and check up trip so it's no big deal.

You can get 6 month extensions if they are available at the immigration office you go to.  A 6 month extension is available at many of the satellite immigration offices now.  I got my 6 month extension at the Tuguegarao city immigration office.

Offline danilo666

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 06:24:29 PM »
Thank you Suzikig I still prefer that route at the moment.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 07:22:06 PM »
Hi Chuck a bit off paperwork involved with the 13a visa, the fees aren't bad though, this is on a yearly renewal basis I presume? With the police clearance and NBI clearance, what transgressions would stop you getting the visa? All my misdemeanours were minor, considered minor and now classed as spent here.

13a is available from your home country and I recommend that you get it there.  It would be a permanent 13a that way.  Yearly payments would be 310 Php per year during Jan/Feb each year(Annual Report).  If you get it in the Philippines it is temporary the 1st then reapply and permanent after that.  ACR-I card will be valid for 5 years with permanent 13a.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline danilo666

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 08:40:09 PM »
Thank you Chuck

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 12:11:53 PM »
I'm on a "13A" and my 5 year, ACR I-card is due renewal this coming August and we have to go to Intramuros BI HQ to do the biz.

BI in Olongopo gave me the application form when I did the annual report in january and it seems as though I only need my passport and old ID card. Looks too simple a process to me.  ???

Has anyone renewed their 5 year ACR card lately? If so, what paperwork is required?

TIA,

Peter

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline UNGGOY

• BANNED for insulting members
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 05:53:39 AM »
I'm on a "13A" and my 5 year, ACR I-card is due renewal this coming August and we have to go to Intramuros BI HQ to do the biz.

BI in Olongopo gave me the application form when I did the annual report in january and it seems as though I only need my passport and old ID card. Looks too simple a process to me.  ???

Has anyone renewed their 5 year ACR card lately? If so, what paperwork is required?

TIA,

Peter
Have to register online now. Then you just need your ACR/ICR and p310.

Says to bring your passport and previous receipts just in case. But they never ask me.

vua.immigration.gov.ph
This member has been BANNED for repeatedly insulting other members.

Offline UNGGOY

• BANNED for insulting members
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 06:03:22 AM »
After a year on the Balikbayan, do I have to pay for the ACR 1 card if I choose to extend my stay as allowed for an extra year?

I you are a former Filipino, why not do Requisition?
This member has been BANNED for repeatedly insulting other members.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 09:34:31 AM »
Edit after -
Sorry, should have read the addressee! Mea Cupla!

I you are a former Filipino, why not do Requisition?

Not a formerFilipino.

Peter
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 09:43:30 AM by Peter »
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog