Author Topic: Multi-national traveling  (Read 869 times)

Offline Pelican

Multi-national traveling
« on: March 27, 2018, 02:42:19 AM »
From America to China (short and flexible dates; several days), to Philippines (30 days), then back to America, I would like to book a round-trip ticket.  How do I express my need to book such a trip on a single purchase, through an internet outlet, and which economical travel agency is best to use?   Thanks!

Offline marshie

Re: Multi-national traveling
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 10:55:14 AM »
From which state will you be flying? 

I usually check and compare flights found using different sites: skyscanner.com, onetravel and expedia.com then book directly on the airlineís website unless the flight is much cheaper on online travel agency.  Skyscanner is where I just start just to have an idea on the rate. 

On online travel agencies, I have personally tried both expedia.com and onetravel.com. 

On your plan to fly from America to China then to Philippines, either you get a flight with stopover in China or book a multi-city flight.

Offline marshie

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 11:07:08 AM »

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:16:22 PM »
A site that I am currently liking the setup of is Kayak.com.  You can pick a leave date and a return date, then open it to +3, -3 day of dates selected, and it'll give you a grid of the 7 leave dates and 7 return dates(the date you picked, and the 3 either side of it) and the best prices of each date.  Basically, you get a 49 day grid with the best prices available on each.  The prices can be over $500 in difference in that small of a time frame, and I've found round trips from Angeles City to chicago for under $670. 
I hated Kayak just a few years ago when i was doing some price checking for friends.  But they have really changed their game and are a favorite of mine now.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline marshie

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 02:46:00 AM »
^Just maybe donít book via kayak and just use it for price comparison?  Iíve read somewhere that Kayak is somewhat related to Vayama.  I booked through Vayama early this year and was surprised of the process.  I chose the date, paid and didnít realize that upon payment is a request to book (not the actual booking).  Unlike other online sites which books directly upon payment, vayama is weird in this sense.  So I had to xall and cacel since I feel this is kinda shady. 

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 04:22:13 AM »
Kayak finds you the best deal, and sends you to that site.  I just did a quick search for 2 adults and one child from Clark to Chicago.  Found a round trip for $2,264 for all 3 of us.  It was through Asiana airlines.  When I clicked on it, it actually took me straight to Asiana Airlines website and pulled up the exact flight and seats(the adult/child selections I made on Kayak) and everything.  I am not booking on Kayak. I'm on Asiana Airlines and booking straight with them.
It breaks down the bill also for the price of ticket, fuel surcharge, taxes and fees and all that good stuff also. 
Now, I have not gone through with a purchase yet and will report when I do.  Give a review of their service as I do not see how Kayak makes money of this from what I have seen so far.  Might be some hidden codes showing AsianaAirlines that I was brought to them via Kayak and that is how Kayak makes it's money. 

Offline marshie

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 09:53:58 AM »
^Ahhh might be worth a visit next time I look for flights too.  Yes, let me know how it goes :)
I just read my earlier post, typo error as it was late and just using my phone in posting. 😅

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 01:32:58 AM »
For the record, the last time I checked the travel agency we used in 2011 and referenced below has gone out of business  :(

Louisville, KY USA

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 09:14:24 AM »
For the record, the last time I checked the travel agency we used in 2011 and referenced below has gone out of business  :(
That travel agency setup of old must be a very hard business to succeed in now days.  With all the sites online for hotels, bnbair, condo rentals, vehicle rental sites, flight airfare sites and so on, most people with basic internet use knowledge can put together their own trips and probably for as low of cost, if not lower, than those old brick and mortar sites. 

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 09:39:07 AM »
That travel agency setup of old must be a very hard business to succeed in now days.  With all the sites online for hotels, bnbair, condo rentals, vehicle rental sites, flight airfare sites and so on, most people with basic internet use knowledge can put together their own trips and probably for as low of cost, if not lower, than those old brick and mortar sites.

Probably so.  They don't get personalized service though in solving problems when other entities in the path start changing things around like an airlines cancelling a flight because of aircraft, airport, or weather problems, etc.  Plus, if the potential traveler has a business or not and is too busy to sit around or have someone sit around and do their own research of the constant changing deals, then they don't always get the best deals.  A brick and mortar place holds there own if the owner is dedicated to her work and survives.  So, if anyone thinks they are thing of the past, I would not be so sure.  It is just an ever changing world but there are still plenty of them around and there is no end in site in the near future.
Whatever floats your boat.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog