Author Topic: China Eastern Airlines  (Read 920 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
China Eastern Airlines
« on: March 02, 2018, 12:04:47 AM »
Anyone flown on them? Were they any good? Did they arrive on time? The reason I am asking is because I have a friend who is supposed to arrive in Cebu at 3:55 AM who I am supposed to pick up at the airport, and besides that, he paid around $650 for a round trip ticket from FLL Florida to Cebu, which I think is a really good deal? maybe too good?  :o
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline cebunole

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: China Eastern Airlines
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 03:36:28 AM »
One thing for sure, they lead the way on EVERY flight site for CHEAP. Looked at lots of them, but trip time was always far too long for us.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:54:27 AM »
Okay my friend arrived, told me the flight was excellent but said they tried to take away all his battery devices when he was in China, so he asked for a supervisor and told him that he had traveled from the U.S. to China on their airline and with his same devices and no one said it was not allowed, I guess as a compromise they made him give up his 13,000 mah battery pack which is usually used to charge phones when out and about, he did not want to argue too much so he let them have it, so beware all, they appear to be battery sensitive ever since that airline battery fire
Also they lost his two suitcases, well it could have been them and it might have been Jet Blue, to be determined in the next few days if they show up or not.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:38:55 PM »
I hope it doesn't take them as long as it took me to get my bag back.  It was not China Airline though.  I lost one once on a National flight from EWR to JAX with a week stopover in ORF.  It made it to a Va Beach hotel with me and back to their airport.  Then, after arrival at JIA, it came up missing.  I checked on it for a week and then put in a claim.  Eleven months later, JIA called me and told me to come pick up my bag.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 05:27:19 AM »
Time will tell as to Cina Eastern on my friends luggage but so far no news. On Korean Airlines and Delta our luggage did not make it to a connecting flight one year and one year a friends luggage did not arrive here either and in both cases the luggage was delivered to our condo here within 2 days, so I hope my friend is as lucky with China Eastern.

Offline marshie

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 11:00:59 AM »
Any news on your friendís luggage?
There came a time when I considered flying on China Eastern or China Southern because of flight difference comparing them to other airlines.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 12:26:44 PM »
Any news on your friendís luggage?
There came a time when I considered flying on China Eastern or China Southern because of flight difference comparing them to other airlines.
Sorry, I should have updated the thread, his luggage arrived a couple of days later and my friend said it had been opened and one safety strap used to keep one case closed was missing.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 02:37:00 AM »
We've had luggage issues almost every time we've traveled. Our last trip to the PH, using Korean Air, when we arrived in Manila one of my bags was not on the luggage carousel. After checking with several people we were guided to the baggage desk and received a large corrugated box containing several pairs of shoes and what-not. They finally found my bag and told us that the bag had "exploded". (Must have been those cheap Chinese explosives I had packed in my shoe bombs). There was no "explosion". The machines had simply ripped one zipper off the outside of my bag. And it wasn't even the pocket containing the shoes. I think someone was just trying to rummage through our bags looking for something to steal
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Tim_L

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 03:13:36 AM »
I have flown on China Eastern from JFK to Manila and back twice. No problems at all so far, knock on wood.
My next flight on China Eastern is JFK to Cebu arriving at 3:55am in Cebu.
Shanghai is a major pain but, just have to deal with it I guess. China Eastern has very good pricing so, until something cheaper and better comes along, I guess Iíll stick with them.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog