Author Topic: trying to get my 13a from here in the UK  (Read 724 times)

Offline sussexrob

trying to get my 13a from here in the UK
« on: March 06, 2018, 11:57:19 PM »
Hi all,   trying to get my 13a from here in the UK, came across a problem with the medical requirements.

Initially having a chat with my own doctor, when showing him the form from the Philippine Embassy, he told me that I would have to do the chest x-ray at a local private hospital, all of the rest he could do, other than the stool check for parasites??   He openly admits he has never heard of this and is not aware of anyone that would be able to do this.  Has anyone on here had similar problems???  Obviously pointless me doing the rest if I cannot get this done .

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
Re: trying to get my 13a from here in the UK
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 07:28:01 AM »
Hi all,   trying to get my 13a from here in the UK, came across a problem with the medical requirements.

Initially having a chat with my own doctor, when showing him the form from the Philippine Embassy, he told me that I would have to do the chest x-ray at a local private hospital, all of the rest he could do, other than the stool check for parasites??   He openly admits he has never heard of this and is not aware of anyone that would be able to do this.  Has anyone on here had similar problems???  Obviously pointless me doing the rest if I cannot get this done .
Did you try contacting the Philippine Embassy or consulate to see what doctor they recommended, I am pretty sure they have one who will do what they require.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 12:52:59 AM »

A stool Ova and Parasites Test (O&P) is a relatively easy and common test that can be ordered by your doctor. Your doctor doesn't know what an O&P test is? Change doctors. Lee's advice to contact the local Embassy or Consulate for a list of approved doctors is an excellent idea
Louisville, KY USA

Offline sussexrob

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 01:15:31 AM »
I did actually speak to someone at the embassy who advised me to go through my own doctor??   As for my own doctor, yes of course he was aware of the test, but did not know who could do it.    And that was after contacting both local NHS hospitals, and also a BUPA one nearby.   All three said they were not prepared to do the test even when I offered to pay whatever the rate was.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 01:40:38 AM »
I did actually speak to someone at the embassy who advised me to go through my own doctor??   As for my own doctor, yes of course he was aware of the test, but did not know who could do it.    And that was after contacting both local NHS hospitals, and also a BUPA one nearby.   All three said they were not prepared to do the test even when I offered to pay whatever the rate was.

Sad  :(
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 06:00:46 AM »
My suggestion is for you to contact them again and tell them what is happening and ask them for the name of a doctor that others have used.

Otherwise search out laboratories in your area.

Hopefully one of our members from the UK can tell you who they used, otherwise I would suggest having everything done but that test and then coming to the Philippines and having that test done.

A friend of mine applied for an SRRV and did everything but the medical while he was in the U.S. and then did the medical upon his arrival back in the Philippines, possibly something like that would work for you as well.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 01:24:40 PM »
SussexBob it has to be a MD (Medical Doctor) that's the requirement and your doctor will have a stamp once the tests are completed and he signs it, you might live in a small community I would think a large city in the UK would be able to do these simple and mundane tests.  These tests are very comon and so I'm little surprised also that it's not done there.

Example of costs in the US it cost me $500 to get a general physical plus needed vaccination shots for a 3rd world Asian country, don't forget those.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 06:06:54 PM »
My suggestion is for you to contact them again and tell them what is happening and ask them for the name of a doctor that others have used.

Otherwise search out laboratories in your area.

Hopefully one of our members from the UK can tell you who they used, otherwise I would suggest having everything done but that test and then coming to the Philippines and having that test done.

A friend of mine applied for an SRRV and did everything but the medical while he was in the U.S. and then did the medical upon his arrival back in the Philippines, possibly something like that would work for you as well.

I had a physical about a year and a half prior to leaving the US but I needed one for the SRRV and after I arrived here and went to their offices to finish processing, they sent me over to a medical clinic and paid for the physical.  And it was not a rinky dink place or rinky dink physical like everyone talks about when you apply for your driver's license.  Plus, they did not make me wait.  Took me past a whole bunch of guys in for some kind of exam for their company and whisked me right through every department and consultation with the doctora.  She talked to my wife (gf) at the time and me and I know she was fishing to see what kind of guy I was and probably if I was sane and maybe if she needed to report me or not and save my wife (gf) from a harsh life.  No, she did ask us a lot of questions but she was cool.  She did not ask me if I had a friend for her friend though.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline UNGGOY

• BANNED for insulting members
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 05:46:43 AM »

Wow. And so many people say it is easier from abroad.

If you do it in Manila, there is no medical.
This member has been BANNED for repeatedly insulting other members.

Offline UNGGOY

• BANNED for insulting members
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 06:05:38 AM »
SussexBob it has to be a MD (Medical Doctor) that's the requirement and your doctor will have a stamp once the tests are completed and he signs it, you might live in a small community I would think a large city in the UK would be able to do these simple and mundane tests.  These tests are very comon and so I'm little surprised also that it's not done there.

Example of costs in the US it cost me $500 to get a general physical plus needed vaccination shots for a 3rd world Asian country, don't forget those.

There are no vaccinations for the Philippines.
This member has been BANNED for repeatedly insulting other members.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog