Author Topic: Travel agency  (Read 750 times)

Offline MadDog

Travel agency
« on: March 16, 2018, 05:13:28 AM »
Anyone know about this WOW travel agency?? It pops up on a search and appears to be a good website. Has anyone ever used it?? Any information or experience with it? Thank you for all the replies, and many thanks for the address info.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
Re: Travel agency
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 10:30:58 PM »
I just looked and they have an "About" button on their website will give you some info.  Looks like a foreigner and his filipina wife are the founders according to what it says.  Don't know how much the guy is involved though because it says his wife is the President of it.  Contrary to what a lot of people in my area think, my wife is the founder of hers and the sole owner.  I am nothing except the owner's husband.  She has been in the business about 27 years and has had her own for 10 now.  I am not touching it.  If I was to need a job, I will go get my own.  I was a security guard for a few months in '79 prior to getting a job driving a truck for more money so I could get one of those and make a few hundred pesos a day.

The word out there is that you might consider staying away from Boracay for a while.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline MadDog

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 02:02:03 AM »
Thanks Bud. I got the same feeling when I study this WOW site. I have no intentions of working or doing any money grubbing. I will have a good pension. Boracay?? Not interested in tourist crap holes. What happen there anyhow?? My area is San Fernando La union for the ocean and beach and Baguio for the mountains. I am very focused on this. Thanks Bud for all your replies. 

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 09:46:34 AM »
Myrlita told me earlier this morning that Boracay is closing down for wide area repairs and maint. Her sister will be coming home soon.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
Boracay?? Not interested in tourist crap holes.

I think you are right.  I was there once.  For 2 weeks in May 1994.  Really enjoyed it.  It was very quiet and undeveloped.  I think electricity had arrived just the year before.  But I do not think I would go there now.  It has been destroyed.  Pity.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 10:38:42 PM »
I think you are right.  I was there once.  For 2 weeks in May 1994.  Really enjoyed it.  It was very quiet and undeveloped.  I think electricity had arrived just the year before.  But I do not think I would go there now.  It has been destroyed.  Pity.

I don't really get a thrill out of places like that or what it was anymore like I did back years ago but it is like anything else.  You get a good thing going and a lot of people abuse it and destroy it.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline caronsabuas

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 04:13:46 AM »
Amen to the above about Boracay. I was there in 1989 and enjoyed it a great deal. I went back again in 2016 and was very dissappointed. I had the same experience with a couple of places in the Andaman Sea too. I wouldn't bother going again. It's getting more and more difficult to find quiet AND beutiful places to retreat.
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog