Author Topic: Mail forwarding and address.  (Read 1155 times)

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Mail forwarding and address.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 08:50:01 AM »
What a bunch of legal blaah, blaah, blabbity blaah.

Yeah, it is a sorry state of things.  The farmers are pretty conscientious about their fences.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 09:02:36 AM »
Thank you all for this information. What a bunch of legal blaah, blaah, blabbity blaah. You can not get more specific than that. Basically you must live there over 6 months and be sure you change your address with all the necessary important stuff. Especially the drivers licence and voter registration. I thought may be, because I did move from one state to the next. Well then, I may have to move for 7 months after I retire. Thank you all again.
What you might wish to do, is examine what your tax liabilities will be once retired, to see if it would be worth the trouble and if so and if it will mean a huge tax savings, then consider it. I know that having a Florida residence over NY has saved me a fortune in taxes over the years. Whatever you decide to do, you have enough time to get all your ducks in a row, you might also wish to start keeping track of all your snail mail, so you can notify those you wish to when you move and not notify others, so you can cut out whatever mail you need to before moving and if you do not put in a forwarding address to the post office when you move, you will get rid of most of the junk mail too.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 09:04:18 AM »
Maybe I got wrong info.  I am not going to weed through all that crap.  Check out Texas.  I am pretty sure there is someone on here who did Texas and never lived there so they should be able to tell you.
Whatever floats your boat.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog