Author Topic: BIR plans to increase zonal land values, Cebu  (Read 411 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
BIR plans to increase zonal land values, Cebu
« on: March 22, 2018, 07:24:09 AM »
That will mean much higher taxes, which I surely do not mind if we can get some services from the money paid.
AN official of the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) yesterday said the agency is increasing the zonal valuation of lands in Cebu, which were last set 12 years ago, especially with the implementation of the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (Train) law. BIR 13 Director Aynie Mandajoyon-Dizon said that in Talisay City, for example, the average increase may be 300 percent as it has been 20 years since land values there were last revised. “Talisay City is considered an agricultural area at P10 per square meter. Now, it has buildings that are commercial, industrial or institutional,” Dizon said.

Other areas will face varying rates of increase. She said the revised valuations will help the agency compensate for the lost revenue under the Train law or Republic Act 10963. “Personal income tax has tremendously decreased in terms of rates and the exemption is now P250,000. We are losing a lot of revenues from this. So, we have to find strategies and means to counteract the effect,” Dizon said.The increase in zonal values would help them collect more in one-time transactions like capital gains tax and documentary stamps. “The higher the values of the properties, the bigger the tax, especially that there is a real estate boom in the entire Province of Cebu,” Dizon said.
Read more HERE

:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
Re: BIR plans to increase zonal land values, Cebu
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 03:19:59 PM »
Some more of the "let's have foreigners, who have property, help make up the loss of income tax revenue".  I am not complaining.  Just a fact of life that might, if it gets too bad, one day send me off to a different country.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: BIR plans to increase zonal land values, Cebu
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 05:27:09 PM »
I love the subtle manipulation of language.

"She said the revised valuations will help the agency compensate for the lost revenue"

"We are losing a lot of revenues from this. So, we have to find strategies and means to counteract the effect"

Uhmmm .......  hello?..... your not a business.  You have no "revenue".

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog