Author Topic: T.G.I. Friday's  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
T.G.I. Friday's
« on: March 22, 2018, 05:42:37 AM »
Nila and I had lunch yesterday with friends at the below restaurant, food was decent, atmosphere decent, ran into other friends there and we enjoyed the meal, only caveat is the prices are a little higher for places here, a cheeseburger and fries will set you back around p495, or just under $10, not the kind of place for people living on a budget but the kind a lot of expats and tourists seem to love, we eat there a time or two a month, usually when friends want to eat there. One gimmick they have for those who live here full time is a discount card that will get you 20% off, or 30% off on Monday's but the gimmick is that it cost p2,500, yup, around $50 for the card, I passed on buying the card, we do not eat there enough to make it worthwhile for us. 

T.G.I. Friday's
Restaurant
Casual chain restaurant with a festive vibe serving beer, cocktails & a wide menu of American fare.
Address: Ground level, The Terraces Ayala Center Cebu, 6000, Cebu City, Cebu
Hours: Opens 11AM
Phone: (032) 231 8443
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
Re: T.G.I. Friday's
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 12:23:39 PM »
If itís the same as in the past you get 10 P250 coupons in addition to the 20% or 30% off. So as long as you dine at one of their group restaurants 10 times in 1 year you recover that P2,500 fee. We used to get that discount card every year until 1) the Japanese restaurant we liked in the group closed in Glorietta in Makati and 2) the service at TGI Fridays in Glorietta became consistently bad.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 12:53:30 PM »
If itís the same as in the past you get 10 P250 coupons in addition to the 20% or 30% off. So as long as you dine at one of their group restaurants 10 times in 1 year you recover that P2,500 fee. We used to get that discount card every year until 1) the Japanese restaurant we liked in the group closed in Glorietta in Makati and 2) the service at TGI Fridays in Glorietta became consistently bad.
Here in Cebu, within their chain, they only have Friday's and they will be opening a Denny's in Robinson's Galleria, so I doubt we would spend enough to make it worth our while but, up in Manila, I am told there are many more within their chain, which would make it easier to gain the savings. Maybe someday when Cebu has more restaurants of theirs but, the fact that the card expires yearly, seems to be a rip off to me.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 03:31:02 PM »
Sounds like a rip to me too.  TGI Friday's, the cost makes the savings not worth it.  There are only four or five Denny's up this way.  I go to the one in Nuvali maybe once a month.  Rare occasion, the one in Bonifacio Global City.  The others I have not been to but have been in areas they are and they are nothing but a hassle to get to, even on a Sunday morning.  So, I am out.  But, thanks for the info.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 12:31:58 PM »
Speaking of food, I noticed they opened an IHOP at SM North.  Has anyone tried them yet, anything like the states? Haven't been to Denny's either, none close to me. Have been to TGIF several times, great food and in the one I go to the staff is unbelievably attentive. Never have to ask for water refill. I dropped a fork on the floor once, by the time I started to bend over and pick it up the server was there with a clean one and picked up the one on the floor. Use to be a Chili's in the same mall which we enjoyed but they have since closed don't know why they were always full.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 07:08:05 PM »
I don't know if IHOP is going to struggle up at SM North or not but it sure did down in Alabang.  A good size building appeared to be a stand-alone building there was only in business for a couple of years and they shut it down somewhere a little over a year ago.  In fact, the one in MOA is still open as I went in it about two months ago.  Had good chow in the Alabang one when it was still there and good at the MOA location.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 07:19:40 PM »
Having been in the restaurant business a few years, it is about location and can clientele afford your prices.  Malls are a great location but what time do they open?  Are people going to a Mall for breakfast when a mall opens?  It seems the lunch/dinner venues have a better chance of survival  if their prices are within in reason.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 07:34:14 PM »
IHOP in Alabang was not in a mall.  It opened early in the morning too.  And it was on one of the main roads between Festival Mall and Alabang Town Center.  I would not think that was too bad a location.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 08:22:54 PM »
IHOP in Alabang was not in a mall.  It opened early in the morning too.  And it was on one of the main roads between Festival Mall and Alabang Town Center.  I would not think that was too bad a location.

While I have never been to that restaurant I know the area.  How many locals are going to stop for breakfast on the way to work?  How many locals can afford the price on a daily/weekly basis when they can probably eat somewhere else cheaper?  Repeat business makes a restaurant survive not the one time visitor in a limited tourist environment.  Another question what was the immediate parking available not down the street or around the block?

Chuck

Chuck

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 08:56:27 PM »
While I have never been to that restaurant I know the area.  How many locals are going to stop for breakfast on the way to work?  How many locals can afford the price on a daily/weekly basis when they can probably eat somewhere else cheaper?  Repeat business makes a restaurant survive not the one time visitor in a limited tourist environment.  Another question what was the immediate parking available not down the street or around the block?

Chuck

Chuck

Since you know the area, then you know there are locals down in the subdivisions at the other end of Commerce who have moocha moola.  No way that I could come close to affording one of those houses down there.  It it makes you wonder as to where all the damn money comes from for what they are selling.  And unlike a lot of people, I don't eat out every morning or day.  As far as parking, they had the whole parking area of the Spectrum within a block.  I think there was more to it than the location and lack of clients in the area.  All those rich people were probably going to the big McDonalds and JollieBee there and those are some of the biggest ones I have seen.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 09:10:37 PM »
Since you know the area, then you know there are locals down in the subdivisions at the other end of Commerce who have moocha moola.  No way that I could come close to affording one of those houses down there.  It it makes you wonder as to where all the damn money comes from for what they are selling.  And unlike a lot of people, I don't eat out every morning or day.  As far as parking, they had the whole parking area of the Spectrum within a block.  I think there was more to it than the location and lack of clients in the area.  All those rich people were probably going to the big McDonalds and JollieBee there and those are some of the biggest ones I have seen.

I am like you I do not go out to breakfast or a lot of other meals, wife will bring something back once in a while from shopping or if we are out driving.  Personally not going to walk a block or half a block to a restaurant.  Yes know the gated housing you are talking about.  IMHO prices in the chain US restaurants are to high for the average Pinoy to utilize on a regular basis.

Chuck

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog