Author Topic: G'day one and all  (Read 583 times)

Offline Talos63

G'day one and all
« on: March 26, 2018, 02:00:40 AM »
Just chiming in here with a brief message. Glad to have found the site and looking forward to interacting on the forums.
My name is Bruce. I'm an Aussie and nearly 55. I've been fascinated with the Phillipines for many years now. I've had the opportunity to get to know several residents over the last few years.
My interest has been rejuvenated recently by meeting a lovely young lady online. I'll regale interested parties with that little tale in the relationships section. I would definitely appreciate some feedback from other members. From what I've read, my situation isn't unique, but I definitely don't want to mess this up (or have it messed up for me).
Thanks for reading!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
Re: G'day one and all
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 08:48:07 AM »
Just chiming in here with a brief message. Glad to have found the site and looking forward to interacting on the forums.
My name is Bruce. I'm an Aussie and nearly 55. I've been fascinated with the Phillipines for many years now. I've had the opportunity to get to know several residents over the last few years.
My interest has been rejuvenated recently by meeting a lovely young lady online. I'll regale interested parties with that little tale in the relationships section. I would definitely appreciate some feedback from other members. From what I've read, my situation isn't unique, but I definitely don't want to mess this up (or have it messed up for me).
Thanks for reading!

Welcome.  Have you been here yet?  Not trying to discourage you as although everything might be cool with the lady you met, you need to get here, as soon as you have the opportunity and see things about her, her life, and her country for yourself.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline FRaymie

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 09:25:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum. There are lot of folks with many, many years of experiences to assist you. Like picking fruit, you get to choose which tidbits of wisdom to take and which to throw away.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 09:44:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum Bruce, hope we can all answer some of the questions you may seek answers for.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 10:51:55 AM »
Welcome Bruce. Enjoy the forum.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 11:41:48 AM »
Welcome Bruce.  Have a few Aussie neighbors in my neck of the woods here in the Philippines.  All seem to love it and I hope if your journey takes you here you do to. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Talos63

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 12:42:10 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I really appreciate it.
@BudM, planning to visit before the end of the year. Taking things steady and hopefully making the right steps as I/we go forward.
@JoeLP, good to hear that you know some contended Aussies in your neighbourhood. My friend is keen (should the stars align for us) to move to Australia. I'm fairly certain that I'd be happy moving there. I need to get some visiting time under my belt to make an informed decision though.
Early days yet, so nothing is engraved in stone. I'm also treading cautiously as it's a new experience for me.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 11:52:59 PM »
Welcome to the group! You'll find the majority of this forum warm, welcoming, helpful people. You're on the right track taking things slow and in proper order.
Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming visit. I think you'll find it common for ladies from the PH to look for a relationship that will allow them to visit outside the country, for jobs to help support family back home, or simply to see more of the world than their province/barangay. Roll with it and do what feels right for you and your possible future relationship.
Louisville, KY USA

Offline D. Williams

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 10:59:12 AM »
Welcome

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog