Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 413 times)

Offline Kuya

Greetings
« on: April 18, 2018, 01:53:37 AM »
Hello everyone. Some of you I already know from another forum and may remember me, my name is Steve and currently still living near Pittsburgh, PA. I thought that I had joined years ago but guess that I didn't. I haven't had much of an online presence in a year or two. Would just check mails, etc. But recently I had some health issues which got me to thinking and decided to slow down and get back to doing things that I enjoy instead of working too much. Hoping to make it back into the Philippines in a few months once I'm back to being my ol' self again. It's been way too long since the Mrs and I have traveled and I'm sure her parents will be happy to see her again.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:09:02 AM »
Hello everyone. Some of you I already know from another forum and may remember me, my name is Steve and currently still living near Pittsburgh, PA. I thought that I had joined years ago but guess that I didn't. I haven't had much of an online presence in a year or two. Would just check mails, etc. But recently I had some health issues which got me to thinking and decided to slow down and get back to doing things that I enjoy instead of working too much. Hoping to make it back into the Philippines in a few months once I'm back to being my ol' self again. It's been way too long since the Mrs and I have traveled and I'm sure her parents will be happy to see her again.
Welcome aboard Steve, hope your health issues clear up quickly and looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 08:51:58 AM »
Welcome Steve.  Happy to hear you are slowing things down.  I'm sure the Mrs. enjoys tht more than anyone.

Who know, maybe a small work story.  I was on a plan back from the Philippines in 2011.  On it was this pretty pinay who was returning to Pittsburgh alone.  Told me about her life in Pittsburgh and how when snow fell she rarely left the bedroom, or the bed because just the sight of snow made her cold.  So she'd stay undercovers of warmth as much as she could and just watch tv.  Sound familiar? 

Maybe not.  Probably a lot of guys in Pitt with a pinay wife.  I just thought of her becuase she said her husband couldn't come with her due to work. 

Make yourself at home Steve and ask any questions you might have.  Bet you got most of them answered already with your travels and experiences.  But if you have any more, just ask brother.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Travelling Bob

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 11:11:06 AM »
Welcome hope your health improves so you can enjoy life more.

Offline FRaymie

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 09:40:33 PM »
Welcome Steve! Hope your health continues to improve. Serious health issues generally have a way of rearranging one's life priorities. Your questions are always welcome. As a relative newbie myself, I can tell you the group has a wealth of info, can address any of your questions and/or concerns and they're always willing to help.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 11:55:17 PM »
Welcome (back) to the group, Steve! Looking forward to catching up with you!
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Kuya

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 08:09:48 AM »
Welcome aboard Steve, hope your health issues clear up quickly and looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
Getting better every day. I thought that I was having heartburn for three days but in reality it was heart attacks. If I hadn't gone into the ER on that 3rd night, well, you know. They ended up placing a stent in a 99% blocked LAD(never could do anything 100%....LOL).  Sorry, but humor is my way of dealing with things. Almost done with my cardiac rehab, diet has changed, etc.  Things have improved. They say that the heat really weakens those who have gone through this so when we travel back, it'll be interesting and I'll be taking precautions.

Offline Drew

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 11:00:36 AM »
Recent inmate myself so let me try this one out .......

Kamasta! :)

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog