Author Topic: The Philippines verses first world  (Read 252 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: The Philippines verses first world
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 08:47:37 PM »
Ladyboys are abound in the Philippines, I have even seen some in the men's bathroom (CR) in malls, I have never seen that while in the states but I am guessing it has to exist in some areas such as LA, the Keys and others, where gay and transgender people are more abundant, thou I have never seen it when I had been to those areas. In other words, I think it is a good thing that the Philippines and Filipinos are more relaxed/comfortable and even open when it comes to other than straight, there does not seem to be as many or even any homophobes in the Philippines, that is IMO definitely a good thing.

One thing I do not like, which is not necessarily a negative item, except when it comes to me trying to find which phone to buy/use, there are way too many phone types and way too many phone stores and basically they all have the same price on phones and accessories, so what good is it that the competition is present, when they all seem to price fix.

Another great item IMO is the availability of public transportation such as Jeepneys, thus making it even less expensive to get around than the inexpensive taxis.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 10:24:46 PM »
Not a problem at all, bro. I just wanted to be sure that everyone understood my living situation. In the past I received a lot of negative comments from others about me being the Admin/Mod/List Guide for this forum and the Yahoo group since I didn't live full time in the Philippines. I've made it clear to all those I've talked with over the years about my connection with the country. Maybe during my next visit I can arrange with the warden to let me off leash so I can come visit

Come visit?  Who, you talking about?  Me?  You're kidding or what?  If not, yeah, sure or meet up.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 08:13:17 AM »
We live a pretty much sheltered life in our gated community which we feel safe and sound. I call it our special niche that has most of the modern convienances and amminities like 1st world we need within a 7 mile radius. Having our own vehicle to get around is most convient not having to rely on the local public transportation. I feel the air quality is pretty clean in our suburban area and trash is collected twice a week with minimal burning of rubbish.
We've live here now about 20 yrs and here we shall stay for many more years to come.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »
We live a pretty much sheltered life in our gated community which we feel safe and sound. I call it our special niche that has most of the modern convienances and amminities like 1st world we need within a 7 mile radius. Having our own vehicle to get around is most convient not having to rely on the local public transportation. I feel the air quality is pretty clean in our suburban area and trash is collected twice a week with minimal burning of rubbish.
We've live here now about 20 yrs and here we shall stay for many more years to come.

Same exactly except for the 20 yrs.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 06:13:06 PM »
I'm glad you and I always get a chance to meet up Jack, you're a hell of a nice guy.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog