Author Topic: Lawyer who will make my Deed of Absolute Sale  (Read 215 times)

Offline larissa23

Lawyer who will make my Deed of Absolute Sale
« on: May 16, 2018, 02:20:17 AM »
Hi I am Larissa, I am new in this Forum, I hope you can help me.I am selling my land on another island. I am living in Cebu and my buyer  too. Do we have to get a lawyer in that place  to make the Deed of Absolute Sale or I can ask my lawyer here in Cebu to do it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:28:25 AM by Lee2 »

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Lawyer who will make my Deed of Absolute Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 02:35:12 AM »
Hi Larissa, welcome to the forum. I removed where the property is since it might be seen as advertising, which would be against the rules, even when you stated you already have a buyer for it, the thread could end up leading to questions about the property itself.

As for your question, in order to do a title search, I would think a lawyer would have to be on the island itself, yet I hope others can give you a more knowledgeable answer, why have you not asked your lawyer, maybe he knows of a lawyer there? Also, you bought the property there, did you not use a lawyer to buy it, just some items to consider.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
Re: Lawyer who will make my Deed of Absolute Sale
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:52:04 AM »
Technically you don't need a lawyer to execute a deed of sale (only a notary) so if you use a lawyer the lawyer can be from anywhere.

If the buyer is going to use a lawyer to handle all of the documentation prep, filing, etc. up through the title transfer process it would be best to use a lawyer from the area where the property is located.  A local lawyer usually has better contacts in the various government offices.  (Even for all of this a lawyer is not required but is recommended.)

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog