Author Topic: AH-64 Apache Helicopter  (Read 63 times)

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
AH-64 Apache Helicopter
« on: May 18, 2018, 10:15:24 AM »
This article may be of interest to some members.

https://tinyurl.com/y8k9dw4d  >

Hope it's sorted soon.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
Re: AH-64 Apache Helicopter
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 09:50:00 PM »
after all this time, they discover something like this now?  Seems strange, but obviously better late than never.   Really an incredible helicopter, and aviators that flew them, briefed many of those guys over in the desert.   

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 01:15:28 AM »
Would think they looked at those things for wear and tear along with stress on scheduled periodic calendar inspections like with fixed wing aircraft.  I can't fathom it would be any different because it is a chopper as I used to see those guys taking their birds apart for inspections too.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 09:11:25 AM »
Would think they looked at those things for wear and tear along with stress on scheduled periodic calendar inspections like with fixed wing aircraft.  I can't fathom it would be any different because it is a chopper as I used to see those guys taking their birds apart for inspections too.
Yes they do, they all have scheduled maintenance, that's why this seems  a little odd, it has been in service for more than 20 years.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 03:27:27 PM »
Yes they do, they all have scheduled maintenance, that's why this seems  a little odd, it has been in service for more than 20 years.

Quote from the article < ...The service has detected a number of defective nuts  ....  >

It is possible that there has been a change of supplier, as it would be unlikely, IMHO, that there would be any of the original manufacturer's nuts in stock after 20 years or so. Or maybe just a defective batch with a limited life cycle.

I'm sure the QA/QC inspection/investigation teams will get to the bottom of this.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog