Author Topic: Don't live too close to relatives  (Read 4144 times)

Offline David690

• Sr Member
Re: Don't live too close to relatives
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 07:51:05 PM »
My wifes sister in law who was 8 months pregnant, has just lost her baby and she herself is on life support in ICU in their local hospital. Apparently she's 50\50. Wife has gone to stay with the family for a while, impossible for me not to help out with the hospital costs in this situation.  Just hoping the girl makes it.  Very sad.     
Londoner at heart

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 08:49:19 PM »
My wifes sister in law who was 8 months pregnant, has just lost her baby and she herself is on life support in ICU in their local hospital. Apparently she's 50\50. Wife has gone to stay with the family for a while, impossible for me not to help out with the hospital costs in this situation.  Just hoping the girl makes it.  Very sad.     
Very sorry to hear this. Pray for recovery.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 11:35:29 AM »
Very sorry to hear this. Pray for recovery.

Thank you Steve.
Londoner at heart

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »
Sorry to hear of this David, our prayers for her to have a quick recovery. I have to agree with you on helping out on medical costs, IMO life is always worth more than just money, we always help family whenever there is a real emergency.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 08:58:52 PM »
Sorry to hear of this David, our prayers for her to have a quick recovery. I have to agree with you on helping out on medical costs, IMO life is always worth more than just money, we always help family whenever there is a real emergency.

Thanks Lee, yes you're absolutely right.
Londoner at heart

Offline FastWalk

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 09:40:59 PM »
Its good your wife goes to check on them.   I agree w/ your choices on this,  100%.

I trust your wife knows how to ensure that whatever if any other payment methods will get used before you pay.  Sometimes there is phill health or other payment option including discount..   relative will forget to ask for other ways in case of emotional distress like it can be in this case,  especially after the person with money commits to help.

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 06:35:53 AM »

Sorry to hear this.  And this is a good thing to help on.  Thoughts with you and your family. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 12:08:09 PM »
Its good your wife goes to check on them.   I agree w/ your choices on this,  100%.

I trust your wife knows how to ensure that whatever if any other payment methods will get used before you pay.  Sometimes there is phill health or other payment option including discount..   relative will forget to ask for other ways in case of emotional distress like it can be in this case,  especially after the person with money commits to help.

Yes she's pretty good at these things.  One other sister is also helping.
Londoner at heart

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 12:09:04 PM »
Sorry to hear this.  And this is a good thing to help on.  Thoughts with you and your family.

Thank you Joe
Londoner at heart

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 12:10:18 PM »
Thanks to you all for your messages of support, much appreciated.  I will let you know what happens.
Londoner at heart

Offline trevor

• Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 07:44:07 PM »
Hi David. Sorry to hear of your in law misfortune. Wish her a speedy recovery. Just thought i would mention this as i know most people are not even aware. Concerning the hospital bills, apart from Phil. Health which i am assuming they have. There is this organisation PCSO or PSCO not sure of the abbreviation. Has to do with Philippines Sweep Stakes Org. well they will provide help financially with the bill. I know of two people here who got over P40,000. each. Not cash in hand but they will pay direct to the hospital. The Hospital has to give a letter and a copy of the bill, maybe some other paper work for them to present when seeking help. 
Hope all works out good for them.

Gad Bless.

Trevor.
Never look down on anyone and always extend a helping hand. Tomorrow the role may be reverse.
Life is what you make it. Nothing to do with luck.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 09:33:53 PM »
Hi David. Sorry to hear of your in law misfortune. Wish her a speedy recovery. Just thought i would mention this as i know most people are not even aware. Concerning the hospital bills, apart from Phil. Health which i am assuming they have. There is this organisation PCSO or PSCO not sure of the abbreviation. Has to do with Philippines Sweep Stakes Org. well they will provide help financially with the bill. I know of two people here who got over P40,000. each. Not cash in hand but they will pay direct to the hospital. The Hospital has to give a letter and a copy of the bill, maybe some other paper work for them to present when seeking help.

Gad Bless.

Trevor.

Hi Trevor

That's very interesting.  I've never heard of that organisation.  Have you any idea how to get in contact with them?

Thanks,

Edit by Steve: Fixed the quote.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:01:07 AM by Steve & Myrlita »
Londoner at heart

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2018, 05:53:47 AM »

Gad Bless.

Trevor.

When I take my Bayabay(a barangay) route when walking in the morning I walk past 2 buildings that advertise for them and state that building as having an authorized representative.  I never knew what they were about. Now I do.  Thank you Trevor.

And it's PCSO.  Philippines Charity Sweepstakes Office.  The one building has a sign up with the full name.  I figured it was just a home office of some "lotto" system worker where claims and complaints could be made or something. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »
Sad news I'm afraid.  The girl didn't make it, she passed away this morning.  Her body is at my wife parents house now.  My wifes poor bother, he buried his baby a few days ago, and now he will be burying his wife.  He has a 12 yr old and a 7yr old to raise alone. I don't want to criticise the hospital or medical treatment, but I do wonder whether the outcome would have been any different if she had access to a western standard hospital.  Life's a bitch.  Thanks for all your messages of support, much appreciated.
Londoner at heart

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »
R.I.P.
Whatever floats your boat.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog