Author Topic: Are you bored living in the Philippines ?  (Read 1026 times)

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Are you bored living in the Philippines ?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 11:24:42 AM »
No need for the pickles Jack. I found that Landmark store in Trinoma keeps them stocked. Now we have a car so getting there is not an issue anymore. Thanks for the offer.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 11:03:29 PM »
No need for the pickles Jack. I found that Landmark store in Trinoma keeps them stocked. Now we have a car so getting there is not an issue anymore. Thanks for the offer.

Gotcha. As long as you know I was thinking of you, bro  ;)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 07:01:58 AM »
Gotcha. As long as you know I was thinking of you, bro  ;)

Much Appreciated

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 11:45:54 PM »
Much Appreciated

Our next visit we'll meet up again at SM and I'll navigate the way to our house for a day of food and fun  :D
Louisville, KY USA

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 11:32:36 AM »
Our next visit we'll meet up again at SM and I'll navigate the way to our house for a day of food and fun  :D

Sounds like a plan.

Offline Pelican

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2018, 02:47:44 AM »
Make friends, and join associations.

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2018, 06:58:47 PM »
Do you guys find it boring from day to day living in the Philippines ? What is your daily routine like ?

I usually visit Cebu for 3 weeks,  the first 2 seeks was fun because we travel to different islands, going to the beach, waterfalls, caves...etc...But then the last week we wind down, buying stuff, packing and get ready to fly home. I found it very boring just hang around all day, sometimes I would take a walk in the neighborhood, talk to the locals, joke around with kids. Beside that I have nothing else to do.

If I were in the US I would hop in my car driving places, visit my relatives, friends or play golf or bowling with friends. There's always something else to do like mowing the grass, change the oil on the car, the mower, the snow blower. 

I am planning to retire to Cebu in 3 years and always wondering if I would be bored there.   

It's a good question. I don't think it's specific to Philippines though is it? I mean you can be bored anywhere. I don't think the Philippines is especially boring, although I've been to some of the remote islands where things are very quiet - that can be some people's idea of heaven - or hell. I thought Cebu was a pretty lively place with plenty to do.

I think you do need to have a plan though, wherever you retire to. You have to make sure you are engaged physically, socially, and intellectually.

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2018, 07:04:46 PM »

One of my next challenges is to brew beer but only with what I can find locally.. Last year I found Aussie barley for 33.00Per Kilo. I bought 2 kilo`s to see if I could malt it myself.. It took me about 3 days and I`d say 98% of it turned out to be perfectly malted grain.
Local online grain suppliers want around 3.000 Peso per Kilo!
No hops here but a quick search tells me that they used to use pine tree tips instead of hops..  Lots of that in my garden so I`m half way there!

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2018, 11:53:49 AM »
One of my next challenges is to brew beer but only with what I can find locally.. Last year I found Aussie barley for 33.00Per Kilo. I bought 2 kilo`s to see if I could malt it myself.. It took me about 3 days and I`d say 98% of it turned out to be perfectly malted grain.
Local online grain suppliers want around 3.000 Peso per Kilo!
No hops here but a quick .tells me that they used to use pine tree tips instead of hops..  Lots of that in my garden so I`m half way there!
Where are you located Fred?  There are a few local brewers near me that I am friends with.  I could ask them where they get their supplies if you'd like.   BTW, I was a home brewer for 15 years, and I considered starting back up again due to the lack of a decent beer.   However, over the course of the last 3 years, that is changing, and I am happy with the selections. 

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog