Author Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 1587 times)

Offline rexski

Hello Everyone!
« on: July 02, 2018, 07:54:49 AM »
I've actually been in this forum for about a decade, seemed to of somehow lost my profile. I was listed as Mr. Suave. 

I've lived in the Philippines for about three years, then returned to the States for medical reasons. We were in Albuera, Leyte, which is about mid-point between Ormoc City and Baybay.  It was a large property on a hill with sugar cane fields on two sides, a river on one side and a borongay on the fourth. We were there for two years. We then moved to Mabolo, Cebu City. Much noisier but we had access to almost all the comforts of home. We were there for about six months then moved to a house in Happy Valley.

We returned to the States about two weeks before that nasty earthquake in Cebu.

My wife and I are moving back next summer so I have to get my head back into the game. We're planning on building a house on Bantayan Island.  Anybody here living in Bantayan?

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 08:04:44 AM »
Welcome back, sorry it happened to you, seems that lots of members somehow got lost during a system changeover years ago from the old software to a new software and then back again to the old software, when the new one did not work out. Hope you stick around. My wife and I live in Cebu City usually February to sometime in May, maybe we will bunk into each other one day down the road.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline rexski

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »
Thanks Lee2. I did read something about the old software crashing. No problem. I'm very glad to be back.

Offline Travelling Bob

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 09:54:49 AM »
Welcome back.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 11:09:29 AM »
Welcome back and to a happy return for you.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline joe kuth

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 11:33:55 AM »
Greetings Welcome back!  Is there a topic on construction in the Philippines?   If not might be worth starting ?

Joe

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 02:23:03 PM »
Greetings Welcome back!  Is there a topic on construction in the Philippines?   If not might be worth starting ?

Joe
Hi Joe, feel free to make your post and we'll put it in the right place or make it.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 08:02:12 PM »
Greetings Welcome back! 

Is there a topic on construction in the Philippines?   If not might be worth starting ?

Joe

There is Building in the Philippines and Real Estate Information which should cover most topics and whenever a member is in doubt of where to post then just post in Not sure where to post? and one of us will move the post to the proper place, all we ask is that members at least try to find the correct section to post in when at all possible.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline FastWalk

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 09:51:09 PM »
I've actually been in this forum for about a decade, seemed to of somehow lost my profile. I was listed as Mr. Suave. 

I've lived in the Philippines for about three years, then returned to the States for medical reasons. We were in Albuera, Leyte, which is about mid-point between Ormoc City and Baybay.  It was a large property on a hill with sugar cane fields on two sides, a river on one side and a borongay on the fourth. We were there for two years. We then moved to Mabolo, Cebu City. Much noisier but we had access to almost all the comforts of home. We were there for about six months then moved to a house in Happy Valley.

We returned to the States about two weeks before that nasty earthquake in Cebu.

My wife and I are moving back next summer so I have to get my head back into the game. We're planning on building a house on Bantayan Island.  Anybody here living in Bantayan?

Welcome.   

Sounds like you have tried several places including return to US.   How did you end up choosing Bantayan over all the other places?  Is it just luck or is some story about it?

My family and I are connected with Ormoc area and Seattle.  So am a little familiar some with Albuera.  I recall your first place Albuera being in the news a lot in the recent past. 

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Offline rexski

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 02:08:10 AM »
"How did you end up choosing Bantayan over all the other places?"

I've been to Bantayan Island many times and love it. The main reasons for moving there are the beaches, the foreigner community, the restaurants and easy access to the whole island. My wife has many relatives in Bantayan Town, and a few in Santa Fe. I've met most of them and we get along very well. Through her relatives, we have access to three different beach houses in Santa Fe and one resort near Poblacion.

I'm also aware of the downsides of living there. Unreliable internet and electricity, public transportation is pretty limited to sikads and tricycles, crowds of local and foreign tourists during Holy Week, lack of good health care and last but not least, this drunk guy that is disrespectful to women and causes trouble with both locals and foreigners. Perhaps he moved on to another location.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog