Author Topic: Recently moved here  (Read 718 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
Re: Recently moved here
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 07:07:59 AM »
Yes PSA is what I've found out too - which is in Santa Mesa. I first need a valid ID. Ah, I'm a patient woman. I've resigned to the difficulties. Seems I'm playing more of a waiting game than anything else right now. I'm going to make my way to the municipal hall here in Las Pinas to see about a Cebula. I'm just hoping they speak English! I know a few words in Tagalog but have learned the hard if you speak to someone in Tagalog and they speak back I'm lost!
I believe but I could be wrong, the word for what you need is Cedula, I am only correcting you so you ask for the correct document and they do not give you a hard time.
https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Philippines_-_Obtain_a_Community_Tax_Certificate_(Cedula)

What you are finding is what many of us expats also find when we try to deal with govt agencies in the Philippines yet I suspect they do not believe you do not speak the language, if we were there then my wife would have been happy to try to help you but even her, being from the south, they treat her as an outsider when we are in the north, I hope one of the members can chime in or message you to try to help you but if not, you seem like you will do just fine being a patient woman.  I suggest you try going to a post office for a postal id, possibly that will start the ball rolling.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline kazookid

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 09:44:38 AM »
Hi, good morning!

Yes it is Cedula! With the postal ID, that was the first thing I've tried to get actually. Unbelievably you need a PSA birth certificate! And you have read my issues with getting that. The baranguy seems to be the first step.

I really appreciate you saying she would help. I needed that smile :) it does, excuse my language, suck knowing I'm a Filipine citizen but am looked at like an outsider. Well honestly that is how I feel right now.

When I got this apt the woman at the desk had a VERY hard time believing I was Filipina. I had to show her my birth certificate. She finally believed me and allowed me to rent. It's the ONLY place I found that didnt require 3 months upfront and a security deposit! Things are incredibly difficult for me here but yes I - well I have no choice haha but to be patient.

I will send you a pm with a little more info so you can better understand my issues :)

Thank you again.
Diana

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 10:20:24 AM »
Thank you for the pm, again I hope one of the other members can offer you some help, helping others is why I am on this forum, if I can help one person here and there then that is all the reward we could ever wish for, hopefully some others feel the same way.
Stick around and please keep us informed. 

Add I am trying to respond to your pm but for some reason the pm system is not working for me. :( I will look into it and try to respond later.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:39:54 AM by Lee2 »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog