Author Topic: Cebu Pacific to strictly enforce hand-carry luggage policy by July 17  (Read 318 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
Just passing the info along, a friend in Cebu just sent this to me.
Passengers are allowed one carry-on or hand-carry baggage inside the cabin, with a maximum weight of seven kilograms and dimension of 56cm x 36cm x 23 centimeters for Airbus flights and 56cm x 35cm x 20cm for ATR flights, it said.

In addition to one carry-on baggage, each passenger may also bring a laptop in its own bag or a handbag.
READ MORE
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Lee (and all)

My daughter and husband have booked Cebu Pacific - Clark/Singapore/Clark - for next month. The baggage allowances are as clear as mud on the CB website.

I have sent them a query early this morning on effBook, but no reply as yet. Even though they say a reply in an hour is normal.

Question. Is there a free checked in bag allowance? We can only see paid on the day, or pre-paid on the internet, options.

Any info gladly appreciated.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
Lee (and all)

My daughter and husband have booked Cebu Pacific - Clark/Singapore/Clark - for next month. The baggage allowances are as clear as mud on the CB website.

I have sent them a query early this morning on effBook, but no reply as yet. Even though they say a reply in an hour is normal.

Question. Is there a free checked in bag allowance? We can only see paid on the day, or pre-paid on the internet, options.

Any info gladly appreciated.

Peter

On Cebu Pacific there is no free checked baggage allowance.  You have to guess what your checked in baggage weight will be and prepay.  If you don't prepay or your baggage is over your prepaid baggage allowance you will have to pay when you check in.  The cost for paying for baggage at check in is very high; something like 5X the prepaid cost.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
On Cebu Pacific there is no free checked baggage allowance.  You have to guess what your checked in baggage weight will be and prepay.  If you don't prepay or your baggage is over your prepaid baggage allowance you will have to pay when you check in.  The cost for paying for baggage at check in is very high; something like 5X the prepaid cost.

Ouch!!!! :'( :'( :'(

Thanks.

Peter

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
Good thing there are still individuals, besides business entities, who rely on travel agents to handle all their travel needs instead of relying on the internet.  Otherwise, someone might be coming to me for money.  Nah, probably not.  Enough businesses need their services.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
I did eventually, after a bit more prodding, get a sort of answer. Not the answer to what I asked (is there free checked-in baggage?) but a rather off the shelf one.

Every passenger is allowed one carry-on or cabin baggage with a maximum weight of
 7kg. Kindly send us your booking reference, complete name/s of passengers, flight details and email address used in booking for us to check. Thank you
.  "

By omission, no free checked-in allowance, as 'suzukig1' confirmed.

Peter

Offline Tim_L

Re: Cebu Pacific to strictly enforce hand-carry luggage policy by July 17
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 05:45:08 PM »
I did eventually, after a bit more prodding, get a sort of answer. Not the answer to what I asked (is there free checked-in baggage?) but a rather off the shelf one.

Every passenger is allowed one carry-on or cabin baggage with a maximum weight of
 7kg. Kindly send us your booking reference, complete name/s of passengers, flight details and email address used in booking for us to check. Thank you
.  "

By omission, no free checked-in allowance, as 'suzukig1' confirmed.

Peter

Yes, they nickel and dime you for everything on CP. The alacarte airline. ;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:24:06 PM by bigrod »

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 02:48:51 PM »

Yes, they nickel and dime you for everything on CP. The alacarte airline. ;)

An update on baggage with Cebu Pacific.

My daughter and husband recently flew "CP" Clark/Singapore/Clark. They had booked and paid online through lastminute.com from the UK and received a "CP" reference number confirming their payment and flight details.details.

While they were here, they accessed the "CP" website a couple of days before they were due to fly and found out, but only after entering their confirmation details, that they could take 7 kg max in 1 bag of a certain size (forget the measurements) in the cabin, per person.

There was an additional page stating the cost of checked in baggage, which also allowed the customer to prepay online. They selected the "up to 20 kg"option for PhP970.00 each way for my daughter only.

When they tried to complete the transaction, the final invoice came out as Php18,990.00. They actually had the audacity/temerity/cheek to try to bill them for, what looked like, their paid and already confirmed flights a second time!!!!!

Luckily we live near enough to Clark (about 35 kms). so off we all went with, my fiery, red haired, really pissed off daughter spitting feathers (LOL!), to confront the "CB" office in the airport.

She got it sorted in 5 minutes, albeit with the usual,"sorry madam, that's never happened before on our website," excuse, but only after she showed the screenshots of the Php18,990.00 to the CP clerk, and then paid the PhP 1940.00 (for 20kg each way) in cash.

So, anyone trying to pay online for additional baggage please be careful. You may not live close enough to sort it out in person.

The Ce-boo Pacific office is in the departure hall at Clark and access is meant to be restricted to departing/transit passengers only. I don't think the airport security have met someone like my daughter before, who as well as being a special needs teacher with all the patience in the world, can browbeat the most stubborn "jobsworth" when she wants!  ;) ;) ;)

Peter
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 03:07:31 PM by Peter »

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 08:10:45 PM »
An update on baggage with Cebu Pacific.

My daughter and husband recently flew "CP" Clark/Singapore/Clark. They had booked and paid online through lastminute.com from the UK and received a "CP" reference number confirming their payment and flight details.details.

While they were here, they accessed the "CP" website a couple of days before they were due to fly and found out, but only after entering their confirmation details, that they could take 7 kg max in 1 bag of a certain size (forget the measurements) in the cabin, per person.

There was an additional page stating the cost of checked in baggage, which also allowed the customer to prepay online. They selected the "up to 20 kg"option for PhP970.00 each way for my daughter only.

When they tried to complete the transaction, the final invoice came out as Php18,990.00. They actually had the audacity/temerity/cheek to try to bill them for, what looked like, their paid and already confirmed flights a second time!!!!!

Luckily we live near enough to Clark (about 35 kms). so off we all went with, my fiery, red haired, really pissed off daughter spitting feathers (LOL!), to confront the "CB" office in the airport.

She got it sorted in 5 minutes, albeit with the usual,"sorry madam, that's never happened before on our website," excuse, but only after she showed the screenshots of the Php18,990.00 to the CP clerk, and then paid the PhP 1940.00 (for 20kg each way) in cash.

So, anyone trying to pay online for additional baggage please be careful. You may not live close enough to sort it out in person.

The Ce-boo Pacific office is in the departure hall at Clark and access is meant to be restricted to departing/transit passengers only. I don't think the airport security have met someone like my daughter before, who as well as being a special needs teacher with all the patience in the world, can browbeat the most stubborn "jobsworth" when she wants!  ;) ;) ;)

Peter

Wow sounds like you had quite the run around.  Our experience is quite the opposite.  We have flied Cebu Pacific many many times, often with paid baggage and never faced any problems.  Yes you have to pay for everything, but that is to be expected from a budget airline.
Londoner at heart

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog