Author Topic: US confirms plan to return Balangiga bells to Philippines Read more at https://w  (Read 76 times)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
"Several US lawmakers are expected to oppose the return of the bells, with some even possibly citing the alleged human rights violations under the Duterte administration as possible justification for keeping the bells."

I have no doubts some would use this as justification for not returning the bells, which makes the "lawmakers"
(arrogant a**wipes) even more arrogant, in my book. Give back the damn bells. What possible justification could anyone offer for keeping them?
Louisville, KY USA

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
"Several US lawmakers are expected to oppose the return of the bells, with some even possibly citing the alleged human rights violations under the Duterte administration as possible justification for keeping the bells."

I have no doubts some would use this as justification for not returning the bells, which makes the "lawmakers"
(arrogant a**wipes) even more arrogant, in my book. Give back the damn bells. What possible justification could anyone offer for keeping them?

Agree 100%
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
Agree 100%
That would be pretty fn hypocritical for them to oppose the return on the grounds of human rights, given the circumstances/activities of Americans when the bells were taken.  All the Philippines Government would have to cite (and they would) is Gen Jake Smith.   Opposing the return would play right into President Dutertes hands

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
That would be pretty fn hypocritical for them to oppose the return on the grounds of human rights, given the circumstances/activities of Americans when the bells were taken.  All the Philippines Government would have to cite (and they would) is Gen Jake Smith.   Opposing the return would play right into President Dutertes hands

And you don't think they would oppose it, only because, as you and I both know of the person who probably does not oppose it?  Just to try and make him look like a fool.  Yeah, we are talking about a bunch of loons in the US Congress.  Nah, they would not do that.  Yeah, right.
Whatever floats your boat.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog