Author Topic: US confirms plan to return Balangiga bells to Philippines Read more at https://w  (Read 245 times)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
"Several US lawmakers are expected to oppose the return of the bells, with some even possibly citing the alleged human rights violations under the Duterte administration as possible justification for keeping the bells."

I have no doubts some would use this as justification for not returning the bells, which makes the "lawmakers"
(arrogant a**wipes) even more arrogant, in my book. Give back the damn bells. What possible justification could anyone offer for keeping them?
Louisville, KY USA

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
"Several US lawmakers are expected to oppose the return of the bells, with some even possibly citing the alleged human rights violations under the Duterte administration as possible justification for keeping the bells."

I have no doubts some would use this as justification for not returning the bells, which makes the "lawmakers"
(arrogant a**wipes) even more arrogant, in my book. Give back the damn bells. What possible justification could anyone offer for keeping them?

Agree 100%
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
Agree 100%
That would be pretty fn hypocritical for them to oppose the return on the grounds of human rights, given the circumstances/activities of Americans when the bells were taken.  All the Philippines Government would have to cite (and they would) is Gen Jake Smith.   Opposing the return would play right into President Dutertes hands

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
That would be pretty fn hypocritical for them to oppose the return on the grounds of human rights, given the circumstances/activities of Americans when the bells were taken.  All the Philippines Government would have to cite (and they would) is Gen Jake Smith.   Opposing the return would play right into President Dutertes hands

And you don't think they would oppose it, only because, as you and I both know of the person who probably does not oppose it?  Just to try and make him look like a fool.  Yeah, we are talking about a bunch of loons in the US Congress.  Nah, they would not do that.  Yeah, right.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
This is some sorry damn crap and she is a Republican at that.  All the other crap that they let go on and get torn down because of more crap and they are going to push this by trying to claim it is a Veteran's Memorial?  Like they said, it is war booty.  Big damn deal.  Where are the survivors who were in on it right now so they can speak up and voice their objection.  And they are talking through the side of their mouth about the majority of veterans in that state disapprove.  How the hell do they know?

https://bit.ly/2MM19IG

In the meantime, a court has ruled that a memorial to veterans in Maryland can be tore down.  Why?  Because the ones wanting it down claim it symbolizes Christianity.

I am done for now.  I get sick when I think of f'd up society too much. 

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
This is some sorry damn crap and she is a Republican at that.  All the other crap that they let go on and get torn down because of more crap and they are going to push this by trying to claim it is a Veteran's Memorial?  Like they said, it is war booty.  Big damn deal.  Where are the survivors who were in on it right now so they can speak up and voice their objection.  And they are talking through the side of their mouth about the majority of veterans in that state disapprove.  How the hell do they know?

https://bit.ly/2MM19IG

In the meantime, a court has ruled that a memorial to veterans in Maryland can be tore down.  Why?  Because the ones wanting it down claim it symbolizes Christianity.

I am done for now.  I get sick when I think of f'd up society too much.

That pisses me off also. 

I wonder how much of that has to do with the election in November.  I still hope that the feds take the bells against the desire of the veterans in Wyoming(that's her claim, right?  that it's the veterans that want them to stay?) and forces them back to the Philippines.  She's in Wyoming, she doesn't need those votes to stay in office.  Sadly, I lean towards this just being political bs again in congress.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
Guys, please lets keep all politics out of this section.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
Guys, please lets keep all politics out of this section.

I would think this is better off moved to the section where it belongs then now that we all know that political issues would be impossible to keep from being intertwined with it.  Then we could make comments.  Wouldn't you say?

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
Only problem is that JJ does not have access to see it if it gets moved. Now with that written Chuck the op can move if he wishes to.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
It was posted as a NEWS item not a political debate/position point.  The determination of whether or not the bells will be returned is still in the working stage.  So I see no point in moving the post. 

If some members want to have a political discussion on this situation they can start a new topic in the appropriate section.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
Thanks for the NEWS.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Thanks for the NEWS.

You're welcome!