Author Topic: Buying/Leasing land or house in Philippines  (Read 2765 times)

Offline gregpinton

Re: Buying/Leasing land or house in Philippines
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 12:05:40 PM »
This is a xerox copy of the section of beach that the lot owner had surveyed, i can't read it, but the original is back at his home in Diapila Bay (he runs an island tour business from El Nido)

He finally told me that the lot is 50m wide x 30m back, so it is actually 1,500sm in total, and when i questioned him about the 600sm that he said i can have for P100,000 per year, he now tells me i can have all 1,500sm for that price, and i think he may have done this because i made a counter offer of 50,000 per year and he can keep 2 of the cottages that i build, if there is 3 he has to pay me for 50% of the building cost for that one, which is the offer our family lawyer advised me to give him.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2018, 04:23:19 PM »
We also had one of these plans drawn up or map but the in-laws took it from us or we failed to make a copy and after years of messing lawyers and trying to get a title we gave up.

In-laws used this same legal drawing we had drafted to sell land but it couldn't' be titled it was a mess and nobody owns the property the woman who paid 500,000 pesos was shot as she opened her door on another unrelated issue.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline gregpinton

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2018, 10:53:12 PM »
Yes, it is a nightmare, especially in more remote fishing villages on pristine beaches that are not yet developed for tourism, and the whole reason for us wanting to lease this beachfront lot is so that we can get some of the tourists visiting Coron and El Nido to visit the beach and stay a night or 2.

It is at the far northern end of Palawan, on the western side, 1 hour by boat north from El Nido, and hundreds of tourists go past it every day in the fast ferries that commute between El Nido and Coron.

We also just found out today that another Filipino resident from this beach at Diapila has just completed (last week) a big concrete building which houses several rooms for tourists, and a restaurant out the front, and has just employed several local ladies to work there.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog