Author Topic: Things I'm missing about the Philippines  (Read 156 times)

Offline hoz

Things I'm missing about the Philippines
« on: October 19, 2018, 12:57:18 AM »

After spending half a year in the Philippines and now back in the US since June I am missing a few things...

Free first run films for seniors on Mondays...
Senior lines at the grocery stores.
Being taken care of by the maids and driver.
One hour full body massage for 300 pesos. (6 bucks.)
Being able to go out and get dim sum anywhere, (I like siomai and also chicken feet with black bean sauce) and at very reasonable prices. Here in the US Dim Sum isn't as available and when it is it's expensive.
Same with Siopao.
Bagnet or lechon kawali or the whole lechon!

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Things I'm missing about the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 05:02:26 PM »
Hoz, when I returned to the US I too found that prices for certain Asian foods were expensive or I couldn't even find them until I started shopping at the Asian food stores, I think every city has one, my city was small Fargo, ND and there were two Asian small but packed full of goods food stores and other items the prices were reasonable.  But then again those eat-all-you-can Chinese restaurants had all that stuff.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline hoz

Re: Things I'm missing about the Philippines
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 05:37:10 PM »
Yeah we have those also. But I don't trust prepared food imported from china. Just my preference.

And though we go maybe once a month, the buffets are expensive, when all you want are a few siomai and a cup of rice.  :D

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog