Author Topic: Philippine people are strange people.  (Read 266 times)

Offline Dick

Philippine people are strange people.
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:16:26 AM »
Philippine people are strange people, they are not law abiding, but some of them are abiding hearsay.

A college educated woman has insisted to take a brand new Toyota to workshop for wheel alignment after one year use, because she has been told that every car shall be aligned every year, she believed this as a must obey rule without considering other factors such as mileage, road condition, etc.. I told her to release her hands from gripping steering wheel, and the car runs straight, but she still said the car shall be aligned. I let her take the car for alignment in the fourth year.

She insisted that an air conditioner shall be cleaned every year, although the air conditioner has only been used 1 or 2 times or even has not been used at all in the past year, because someone outside had told her every air conditioner shall cleaned every year, I told her to ask the worker who clean the air conditioner, the worker told her the air conditioner was covered with dust and shall be cleaned, I explained to her cleaning air conditioner with water and soap  will cause it rust and do more harm than the dust but she still believed in what she had heard. The air conditioner is not useful to me, I let her do as she likes.

These are two of my experiences.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
Re: Philippine people are strange people.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 07:18:50 PM »
Not quite sure what you are saying, but yes car maintenance schedule should be followed, including cleaning the aircon.
Londoner at heart

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 11:53:41 PM »
I think what's being stated in the OP is that the Filipinos are odd.  Even more so with those of us that are from a place like the USA.  We follow the instructions that the producers of the product make.  Weather it be maintenance or repair or what have you.

I, like Dick, have seen locals pull things out of their rear end and state them as facts even if they oppose the manufacturers statements.  Then they are able to get other locals to believe it as if it was written in the Bible and preached in the church on Sundays. 

A car needs oil changes every 2000K miles.  Yet, a local(my wife) will do it monthly regardless of how many miles were driven.  I can go on with other things that work the same way.  Then they'll go the other way on other products.  A kitchenaid mixer last forever so never touch it.  I finally had my parents add some proper grease on the yearly box they send and maintained it myself.  She just shook her head.  Why does that need maintenance. 

They are odd.  They believe what they've been told even if the people who make the products have something entirely different written in their owner's manual or website. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline trevor

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 08:41:07 AM »
Yes they believe what they are told. Example is my brother in law telling my wife to warm up the SUV before driving it. She explained to him that is not necessary as it is a fuel injection modern diesel engine and no need to pre warm before driving. Even stated that in the owners manual. Older gas engines with carburettor needed to be pre warm before driving. This guy was adamant and seems upset about it.Then i always wonder why they never turn off the engine when stop for lunch or when refuelling, the engine runs continually. Turbo engines needs a few minutes running before turning off but not running continuously.
Never look down on anyone and always extend a helping hand. Tomorrow the role may be reverse.
Life is what you make it. Nothing to do with luck.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog