Author Topic: Preparing to file for permanent residence visa ? Need advise  (Read 219 times)

Offline Big Daddy Richard

Preparing to file for permanent residence visa ? Need advise
« on: December 01, 2018, 03:05:07 PM »
First I am not the rich America that people think we are. I have a very good disability retirement with a small union pension that pas for my secondary insurance in America. My big question is the $10,000.  Saving account I may not have that much. I own our van here no payments and we will own our house within the next few days. I have been living here  5 years and support my family good so will me having only $500.00 in the bank hurt me if so I will not but our home or sell out he van(NOT I have been living on tourist visas all this time . We got married 09/08/2018 after finding a honest person to help us. I just want to get my permanent visa so info will help.

Edit By Steve: Fixed marriage date from 2028 to 2018.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 04:12:47 PM by Steve & Myrlita »

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Preparing to file for permanent residence visa ? Need advise
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 05:23:42 PM »
First I am not the rich America that people think we are. I have a very good disability retirement with a small union pension that pas for my secondary insurance in America. My big question is the $10,000.  Saving account I may not have that much. I own our van here no payments and we will own our house within the next few days. I have been living here  5 years and support my family good so will me having only $500.00 in the bank hurt me if so I will not but our home or sell out he van(NOT I have been living on tourist visas all this time . We got married 09/08/2018 after finding a honest person to help us. I just want to get my permanent visa so info will help.

Edit By Steve: Fixed marriage date from 2028 to 2018.
Steve (?)

If you are married to a Filipino citizen, a 13A visa is one option. The application is made by the Filipino spouse on your behalf. An in country application gives a 12 month probationary 13A visa. After the probationary period, she/he can apply to change your visa to 13 A (Permanent)

If you apply from outside the Philippines, through their embassy, and get the necessary approvals, then the 13A visa will be permanent when you arrive and register it with the BI office.

There is no requirement for a deposit, just pay the fees as listed on their website.

See the BI website for details and paperwork required. < https://tinyurl.com/juszqfd  >

Hope this helps.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline starrt

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 09:44:08 AM »
I second what Peter wrote.

That is how I got my 13A permanent resident visa.

The $10K (USD) that you are wondering about is for the special retirement visa, which for some people is easier to manage. But, ?since you are married to a Pinay? go for the regular 13A.

Good luck
Thomas

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 05:59:27 PM »
Here are some links to get you going if you want the Permanent Resident Visa, no need to put down money:
Documents and list of procedures.
http://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/non-quota-visa/conversion-to-non-quota-immigrant-visa-by-marriage

Philippine Bureau of Immigration locations if not in Manila, many of these Satellite Office can perform the 13a Visa:
http://immigration.gov.ph/information/directory-of-transactions

Philippine Bureau of Immigration contact information either by message or phone number listed, they do answer their phones and also their Facebook messages:
https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog