Author Topic: Season's Greetings  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Season's Greetings
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 07:10:03 AM »
Merry Christmas to all, or if you prefer, happy "festive season" or "holiday season".   I am good with Merry Christmas even if I am not particularly religious.  It's what I have grown accustomed to over decades. 

Reminds me of my early years, living with my parents.  In those days (maybe still for all I know), Christmas cards via snail mail were ubiquitous.  My parents received boxcar loads of cards from their friends and family in Norway.  They universally carried the message "God Yul" (which we translated as Merry Christmas).  Sometimes they set out the more complete "God jul og godt nytt Śr" (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year) and sometimes the words "Hilsen fra Norge" (greetings from Norway) thrown in.  Those cards were hung with care and I always appreciated the ones with real scenes of Norway, as well as those with a few photos tucked inside.

I think we can all join in wishing our kuya Lee all the best for the season and the coming year.  He has done more than anyone to keep this place vibrant and I know that, of late, he has been facing some significant health challenges.  Thanks for your contribution kuya and know that you have many friends here wishing you an early recovery.

Thank you for the kind words as I lay here in the hospital for the last few days and a month of Nov 1 to 29th trying hard for Nila's sake to pull out of this nutty health needs.

Nila and I wish you all the best for next year and all the years that follow sorrry if I missed anything, it is hard reading and posting while on my back in bed and from this 5.5 inch phone.

Thank all the wonderful friends we have had the blessing to meet on the forum and in person and for any potesters you will or have sent our way........
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:07:32 PM by Lee2 »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 01:20:08 AM »
Happy happy
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 02:32:39 AM »
Happy New Year everyone!
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP LEE ***

Offline jimjoe

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 11:41:25 AM »
Happy New Year...All the best for 2019....cheers

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 12:32:08 PM »
And not forgetting all those who put their lives in peril to keep us safe.

Thank you.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline Kurt

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 01:44:38 PM »
Compliments of the Season to everyone, have a safe and enjoyable time.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog