Author Topic: Early year immigration check in.  (Read 213 times)

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Early year immigration check in.
« on: January 03, 2019, 08:49:33 PM »
Saw this on FB.

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines
December 27, 2018 at 11:25 AM ·
ADVISORY:

ANNUAL REPORT 2019

Pursuant to Section 10 of Republic Act No. 562, as amended, also known as the "Alien Registration Act of 1950", ALL registered aliens shall, within the first sixty (60) days of every calendar year or from 01 January 2019 until 01 March 2019, report in person to the Bureau of Immigration (BI) Main Office at Intramuros, Manila; or to the nearest participating offices. The parent or legal guardian of an alien who is less than fourteen (14) years of age shall have the duty of reporting for such alien.

The alien/reportee shall present the following immigration documents, namely:

a.) Original ACR I-Card of card holders or original paper-based ACR; and

b.) Valid passport.

Failure to make the report shall cause the cancellation of the corresponding registration certificate.

For strict compliance.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline starrt

• Sr Member
Re: Early year immigration check in.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 12:15:12 PM »
Hi all,

I found the attached document on the Bureau of Immigration web site.

Since most offices do not provide any photcopying facilities, make sure to have it all done before you get there.

Thanks
Thomas

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 12:34:49 PM »
Hi all,

I found the attached document on the Bureau of Immigration web site.

Since most offices do not provide any photcopying facilities, make sure to have it all done before you get there.

Thanks
Thomas
Thomas.

Why do you need photocopying facilities to be available? The document your referred to makes no mention of any photocopies being required. It seems to be the same system as previous years.

You only need to submit your (original) ACR I-card and your passport with the relevant Visa in it.

Present these 2 documents, pay the PhP 310.00, then wait to get them back and walk out the door.

Doing mine next week, so I'll report back if anything has changed.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 02:28:36 PM »
One extra point for 13A holders. If you were here all of 2018, they may ask you for your receipt of payment for 2018.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline starrt

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 09:37:40 AM »
Peter,

The document refers to presenting the immigration stamp for the last entry into the country. So if you were out of the country you will have to give them a photocopy of the last entry back into the country. Just be prepared before hand is all I am saying.

Thanks
Thomas

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 12:29:12 PM »
Peter,

The document refers to presenting the immigration stamp for the last entry into the country. So if you were out of the country you will have to give them a photocopy of the last entry back into the country. Just be prepared before hand is all I am saying.

Thanks
Thomas

Thomas,

I don't read the document you referenced that way. The Bi chief only said, about out of country foreigners, and I quote:
“Foreigners who are out of the country during the annual reporting period may make the report within 30 days from the date of their return to the country, provided they have valid re-entry permits,” the BI chief added.
Unquote.

As we all know, before departing the country, an affected ACR I-card holder must obtain an exit/re-entry permit from the BI. Then your validated ACR I-card acts is your 'valid re-entry permit'.

Of course, it always is prudent that Aliens are prepared for the unexpected. I always take all my previous annual report receipts each year when I do the reporting.
When I renewed my ACR I-card last year, I took all the old documentation for the original 13A permanent application/acceptance in 2012, as I found out many, many years ago, that when dealing with officialdom in 3rd world countries, always take the kitchen sink with you.  :) :) :) :)

Peter

Offline starrt

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 09:55:36 AM »
Hi,

The attached is the page from the BI web site explaining about the annual reporting.

The "How to apply" section, point number 1:
Present original ACR I-Card or paper-based ACR, passport visa page of latest arrival and
official receipts of previous Annual Report payment.

This means, to me, and correct me if I am wrong, that we need to present to them the latest enry visa, which is why I mentioned photocopies and which seems to have started this whole dialogue.

Yes, I will bring with me as much as I can find and copies of everything, just in case.

Thomas

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 05:18:00 PM »
Hi,

The attached is the page from the BI web site explaining about the annual reporting.

The "How to apply" section, point number 1:
Present original ACR I-Card or paper-based ACR, passport visa page of latest arrival and
official receipts of previous Annual Report payment.

This means, to me, and correct me if I am wrong, that we need to present to them the latest enry visa, which is why I mentioned photocopies and which seems to have started this whole dialogue.

Yes, I will bring with me as much as I can find and copies of everything, just in case.

Thomas

Unless things have changed the PBI could care less about looking at your passport for anything, this was my experience they just want you to pay your fines for being late regardless of any reason especially if you were out of the country.   Thomas I was gone for 3 years came back and was at the PBI within a week and my fine was 14,000 pesos for not checking in annual. 

Since 2010 there seems to be a cap of 200 pesos per month late or 2,000 pesos per year but don't forget the motion for reconsideration and somehow before you're done your fine is up there I'll bet much higher, I tried to show my passport stamp leaving and returning and the PBI Officer was not interested at all.  The PBI Officers were very helpful but in the end, you pay dearly for not checking in.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 04:34:18 PM »
We went to Olongopo BI Office this morning, for the annual report.

In at 08.27, out at 08.35 All they wanted was my ACR I-card and PhP310.00.

The nice lady even said to the wife, "You know you, or your daughter, can do the reporting for Peter, as he's a Senior."

Huh! Do I really look that old?  ::) ::) ::)

Ha! Ha! Comments not required  :) :) :)

Peter

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 01:42:16 AM »
We went to Olongopo BI Office this morning, for the annual report.

In at 08.27, out at 08.35 All they wanted was my ACR I-card and PhP310.00.

The nice lady even said to the wife, "You know you, or your daughter, can do the reporting for Peter, as he's a Senior."

Huh! Do I really look that old?  ::) ::) ::)

Ha! Ha! Comments not required  :) :) :)

Peter
:P

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog