Author Topic: Certified organic coffee and more  (Read 379 times)

Offline robbie_d

Re: Certified organic coffee and more
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 04:05:47 PM »
Robbie.

I think you should understand that a family of 5 would think they were comfortable if they had a guaranteed monthly income of 15 or 16 thousand Pisos. Teachers for example draw a average salary of just under PhP 20,000 a month. Experienced nurses and healthcare staff about the same, maybe a little more if they in a supervisory role.
You can search for the Philippines' Government recommended salary levels of their employees.
eg. The President is on a salary of PhP 95,000 a month, last list I looked at. The head of the Army/Airforce/Navy on PhP 80,000
So, that means i am almost rich (over there) providing i stay in Canada lol, where i am considered poor on welfare with $669.00 CAN per month and living in $196.00 per month low-cost-housing (i'm not shy).
I manage to live pretty well, IF i watch what i spend. I am saving all i can and that comes to about $200.00 to $250.00 per month after all my measly living and insurance expenses are paid. 
It's handy to have a bit of cash to take care of any unexpected, emergency expenses.

So what you, with a Canadian hat on, would regard as cheap, is what most Filipinos would regard as a luxury and be pretty far down the "must have list", if on it at all.

An arm and a leg? I've seen imported Uncle Bens rice retailing in the supermarkets, for around PhP 170.00 for a 1 kg box. Local market loose rice starts around PhP 27.00 rising to 55 or 60 a kg. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out where the Filipino's budget will be spent. Unhealthy by western standards, or not!
That's a bit confusing when i see you writing that things can cost an arm and a leg, like a box of Uncle Ben's rice for PhP 170.00. That's nothing, dollar-wise!

The rice variants I mentioned in SaveMore/SM/Royal are in 10 and 25 kg sacks. There may be loose rice varieties (red, black, whatever) available in her local palenke (market). There is in ours. It may take some searching, but don't be surprised by what you/she will find.
I'm assuming that buying in bulk is less expensive (as it should be) than buying smaller amounts of (black or red) rice, or am incorrect by assuming that? Or are the prices fixed in PhP per Kg no matter how many Kgs one buys at a time?
Wait, what? Are you telling me that i can buy a 55-60 Kg bag of "expensive in Montreal" black rice for PhP 27.00?? :o
That's unbelievable! Really amazing! I'm surprised! Shocked, actually! Beside myself!
SaveMore is SM's budget branded store, selling some but not all, of the SM stocked products. SM Mall have, I was told, a Facebook presence. I don't know first hand as I don't use effBook or other similar data abusing sites.
Nah, FaceBook is okay. From what i've read, the internet, in general, is Govt.-monitored over there. Get on Facebook and enjoy yourself! It's interesting to see all the amazing things people post on their pages. You can see photos/videos of your old stomping grounds and such, and old friends from way back. 

SM have a website, as have Robinsons, so you can search away to your heart's content. Better to ask the seller directly for product information. What one may think is important, another may find trivial.
The "seller" to whom you refer would be the FaceBook representative that will respond to my inquiries when i send a message to the store's FB page?

The internet is a wonderful thing, but sometimes there is too much emphasis on minute detail, especially when it comes to locations.
When a local is asked, for example, where is < "2F, Galeria Victoria, JP Rizal St., Poblacion, City of Balanga   > ,they'll scratch their heads and shrug their shoulders. The question should be, "Is Robinsons Mall the one near the cathedral?"
(It's about 100 metres away on foot. A 3 minute walk.)
Hmm! Now THAT, i find interesting!
I thought the official addresses would be commonly used by the locals.
What do they do when/if they should want/need to address an envelope to a business, for whatever reason? 

Can't help with photos. I have a mobile phone which is ..... a telephone! Don't need 'smart'. When I take pictures, I use one of my cameras.
If you can't do photos, i can ask her to. She has one of those phone gadgets. I, personally, don't like the things, myself. I've never once owned a cellphone - i really don't like the WIFI wireless technology. I've, actually, stopped having landline telephone since i got on the internet. If i really need to make a phone call, i ride the bicycle over to the subway station and pay 50 cents.
Sometimes i need to make TWO consecutive phone calls - hey, THAT'S A WHOLE DOLLAR!! ::)
lol

Water. Purified? Don't know the process, but the wife says they've got bright shiny equipment, with government seals on the pipes. LOL! Good enough for me.
"Bright shiny equipment" and "government seals" you say, eh? Hmmm!
I produced an amateur music-video for a musician friend of mine. He considers himself a Freeman On The Land and he would totally agree with your Latin profile-signature.
The video is called, "Never Trust The Government - Wally Dae". You can find that on YouTube. It's one of the very first videos i made for him when i just got that editing software and was learning how to use it as i was making the earlier videos for him. I'm sure you'll like that song, and his others. I did all but two of his videos. He is pretty much against anything that represents the establishment.
And he has a tender side, as well. I did a "Tribute To War Veterans Song - Wally Dae" video. Just copy and paste that title into a google or youtube search to see it.

If you are thinking of supporting her medical or nutritional needs in the long run, it may be more cost effective if you bite the bullet, come here, seen what is available and make relevant decisions, based on your personal observations.
I wasn't thinking or planning on supporting anyone, really. I wouldn't feel comfortable being looked at, or thought of, as a...pardon the term...cash cow, or sugar daddy.

When she messaged me out of the blue to ask to be MY friend, telling me 'how i dealt with the people in the songwriter's FB group really impressed her', i, actually, refused her friend request, at first, after i saw her FB photo because she had those silly SnapChat doggie ears and doggie nose on her face.
She told me she understood.
But i was intrigued by her asking me to be her friend, and so, curious Robbie decided to read some of her posts and quotes. I didn't see any "doggie ears and doggie noses" in her words.
I realized that she is really smart and quite a very deep person. And like me, she's a survivor, too, of a hard life.
Her choice of quotes moved me.
I studied her profile carefully for a few days, looking for any reason to stick to my initial decision to deny her - mainly because she is young. I had even told her that my personal FB
friends would think i am chasing young girls around on the net if i was to add her as a friend. 
After a few days, i contacted her and i asked her to be my friend.

She is really a fine-looking, young woman. 
I mean, i used to DJ/MC in MANY of centre-ville Montreal and in two of Toronto's upscale strip-bars in my twenties and thirties. I've seen Montreal's and Toronto's finest looking exotic dancers, nightly, up close and personal for about eight consecutive years. Dated many of them.

I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw her asking me to be HER FB friend because she is totally, drop-dead gorgeous. I mean, she's exquisite. SHE is the type of woman i can see myself with for the long term. The only type i've ever dated.
I have unreasonably high-standards because of my former profession in those nightclubs.
And i have kept myself in fairly good shape.

But i've been hurt deeply by all of them. So, i am "many times bitten" and now very shy, to paraphrase the old saying of 'once bitten, twice shy'. I've got their bite-marks all over my
soul!...scar tissue, let's say.

Supporting her? Man, i don't know.
I feel guilty just wondering how many men she could dangle with her charm, wondering if i am one of many. Her sense of humor, her intelligence - let alone her appearance and maturity and empathy - it bewilders me. She is overall - breathtaking and she knows it. Who couldn't recognize all of that?

At first, i was just chatting with her, getting to know her - sizing her up, you know? And it's been four months of almost daily and meaningful and intimate (not sexual) but a real personal exchange of feelings being communicated.

She told me months ago that she had a urinary tract infection (UTI) and when she told me, again, at the end of March that she STILL has the same infection, that's when she showed me her urine test results and all the meds given to her by the "witch doctors", as if to prove to me that was not lying to me because a three month long UTI is just not normal, and told me how she's had many such infections since she was around 10 years old, i strangely found myself feeling VERY, VERY worried about her well-being. And i just want to help her to help herself with what i know to feel better, if not for any reason than to just keep chatting with her - as a healthy woman. I would hate to discover that her kidneys are being ruined by this infection which could literally be a fatal condition. She had no idea how serious this is - she was told it was, and she had thought it is, just a UTI - one of many. She thought it was normal for her.

If i could, i'd rather get her here just to have the free Canadian health care if things get out of control. She would really benefit from that if things got really out of control. But that would take a while to get her settled here. Will she last that long? If i can just get her diet changed fast, and get her to follow some natural health protocols which i, myself, practice, i am 100% sure i could get her on the right track of good health again. That's why i am in this forum. I'm not in here, for me. 

There are others on here who can steer you towards the websites and airlines which offer the best (cheapo I mean) deals. Some fly (return) for less than $US 1,000 from the West Coast of America/Canada. If you do fly, then Clark/Angeles would be the most convenient destination airport for the Bataan.

Spend a $1000.00 to go shopping in Asia for rice and other healthy foods? Sound quite illogical. She's working right downtown - probably right next to the Victoria Mall where Robinsons is located.
I need to discuss with her again, with this info i got from you, but she's hardly been online since April 1st - she's busy.
All she does is respond quickly to some of my messages and then she's offline again - it's been 17 hours since she last signed in to FB according to the timestamp next to her name. I even saw her real FB page with her legal full name, and she hasn't been on there either.
I don't know what going on with her (health-wise). I told her to get some Braggs' apple cider vinegar. I think i told her i would buy it but we never discussed HOW to send money to her.
Is cash in a registered letter a good idea? An international money order?
I've never sent money internationally through a bank transfer before, i thought it was too costly. I've only once sent cash in an envelope but that was to Germany when i paid back a debt to a friend from when i lived there. That was once, and to a world-class city in 1996. Balanga is not a world-class city is it? No, lol!
Can we trust the "poor" underpaid postal workers to not tamper with incoming, international mail?

Since 9/11, i think countries are scanning mail - and what if the scan shows some identifier on this new plastic money and then, the envelope gets, shall we say, "lost in the mail"?     

My eyes? Failing night vision and depth perception. Still passed the Filipino D/L eye test requirements, but in the interests of "Keep death off the roads", I don't drive.
Hmm. Have you been diagnosed with any eye conditions like glaucoma or cataracts? Are you a diabetic?

My gosh, it's late, 4:40 AM over here. I should have been sleeping six to five hours ago.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 04:23:15 PM by robbie_d »

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 05:30:33 PM »
Robbie
< Hmm. Have you been diagnosed with any eye conditions like glaucoma or cataracts? Are you a diabetic? >

My physical well being has nothing to do with you. I was responding in a courteous manner to your questions about Balanga and what is available here, but don't overstep the mark.  :-X :-X :-X

In the Philippines, the Piso is the currency of note and comodities are priced thus. What you pay in Canada has little or no relevance to day-to-day living here.

My last comment will be this. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (with the root in) is available in most supermarkets.

More fun in the Philippines.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 10:36:01 PM »

I am interested to know of locations in, or very near to, Balanga City at which to buy my list of items, and the prices for those items only.
Not Olongopo or San Fernando which seem pretty far on a map.
She just moved from living all alone in Olongopo to live with her mom (who's been caring her youngest son) in Balanga on my advice. I am happy she did that.
I lived for a touch in Orion, Bataan.  I know the area.  I have no idea if it's still going or not.  I know for a while after I left both shut down, then one opened back up.  But there were 2 ferries a day that went form Orion to Manila.  So in theory, Manila is not that far away.  The ride was about an hour on either ferry.  One use to go to the MOA area.  Again, have no idea if there is any longer any ferry doing that route, but there was the last time I looked into it a couple years ago. 

There is really nothing in that area of Bataan that really serves as a hospital or medical office anything close to what we have in the USA or Canada has.  She'll have to go to Manila for those level of treatments/labs/care.  That's all there is to her living in the Bataan.  Maybe something not too far off in Olongapo or Angeles City...but you are not open to those.  So good luck on that.

Edit:
Just did a google search on the ferry.  There is one that is still going, or rather, a new one.  Still under and hour trip but a different boat/company doing it now.
https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/01/03/19/manila-bataan-ferry-adds-night-trips-starting-jan-7

Also, on the malls....don't expect what we have in the US and Canada.  Malls there are usually close to the same.  Sizes might differ....but even then not in too much.  Here, they go all over the scale in size.  5 of the largest 15 malls in the world are in the Philippines.  We just got our first mall in Catarman over 3 years ago.  It has about 20 stores/shops/restos in it that are not it's chain's base store.  The local malls have their own base stores then allow the other shops to come in.  The bigger the city the more likely you are to see the bath and body, GAP, Buckle, Victoria's Secrets and such stores as well as all the more American restos like McDonald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut and so on.  The farther you go from the big cities the more you get the local chains filling them as well as the more local resto chains in them.  But don't expect any base stores like Macy's or JC Penny's.  They do not exist here.  The bigger malls will have the Cinemas in them as well as ice rinks and such.  May "play places" for kids and such things also in malls here. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:04:57 PM by JoeLP »
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline robbie_d

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 04:57:40 AM »
Poor single mom with two kids, showing you her medical results and making sure you know, all she eats is rice.  From somebody that has been in and around the Philippines for about 27 years....   BE CAREFUL.   You never really know a person until you are with them, and have actually spent significant time together.  I do not want to insult your intelligence, or the woman you have been, however, what you described happens almost daily over here (girls in need meeting foreigners on the internet), and I would venture to guess...hmmmm anyway, just be careful.    Good luck
"Good luck"? With what, exactly? Finding stores which sell wheat tortillas, yacon syrup, maple syrup, blackstrap molasses, porridge/rolled oats, pumpernickel bread, and coarse barley bread?

Do you care to help out and share your "almost twenty-seven years" of shopping experiences, over there?  Or are you only, dare i say, concerned with the women?

It would be greatly appreciated, my friend.

I never once said she told me that she "only" eats rice. Where did you come up with that?
But isn't white rice a staple food in Asia? Seems to me it is. Are you aware that China is exporting plastic, fake white rice. Google it.

White rice, in general, is not good for her because of her susceptibility to UTIs. She shouldn't be consuming that, along with white bread, red meats including the Argentina corned beef crap that she enjoys so much, as well as sugar, coffee and several other items which have been the staples in her daily meals for years. No wonder she's constantly infected with UTIs. Most health problems start on the dinner plates and can be completely avoided. Knowledge is power - not white ice.

Is white rice cheaper than black or red rice over there? Is white bread cheaper than pumpernickel bread and coarse barely bread? Geez, i joined this forum to ask those questions and to find where in that city she can buy other foods with the few bucks i'll send JUST to buy those food items. I am here to find that information.
I am not asking if she sounds honest. There are other threads that address those points. This is not one of them.

Whether i meet her or not, or whether anything between us ever develops, that is NOT why i choose to help her get on track with a healthy diet. I would do the same for you if you were in the same situation. I don't want to sleep with you, either (dude) lol.
I just like to help people by sharing my researched knowledge of natural treatments with people who have health issues but only if they will listen and use my advice.

Are you helping me to help her, in this thread?
You seem more concerned with putting doubt in my mind so that i'll doubt her honesty -  despite what I know of her, and then, turn her away. What does that give to you, my friend?

Are Filipinos generally rich or poor on the average? So, why is she so different?

In the context of what i wrote, i don't see anything suspicious about her showing me her urine sample results. She never showed me any bills from the hospital (if there are any involved). In our conversations, i had told her that i analyze my own blood test results and that i, generally, am my own doctor. I don't trust doctors very much.

So, when she told me in January that she had a UTI, are you, perhaps, suggesting she is sneaky enough and was lying, in January, and that she planned to get another UTI just to show me her March 2019 urine-test results just to try to get some money from me WITHOUT even asking me for money?
She's never asked me, once, for a dime.

She has told me about when her son had fallen and hurt his head and was vomiting, and was taken to the hospital for tests, and that she had to spend much of her $1000.00 US savings to pay a lot for those tests. I have no idea how much that would be but she's never asked me to send her money.
I was a little surprised, to be honest, when she told me that she spent a lot of that $1k US savings on hospital and doctors fees. $1k US, over there, is quite a bit of PhPs. I don't know how the system works over there.

I am certain that such "a player" as you paint her to be, would surely use any means to extract money from me.
She just says how life is because i asked her. Is it her fault that she's one of the millions of poor people over there? From what i understand, there are MANY single, Pinay moms who fell victim to slimy foreigners who selfishly knocked them up and went back to their countries and completely ignore their half Filipino kids.
She works at decent jobs and her FB profile photos show her on the job in a kitchen uniform in a commercial kitchen.
Her two boys look like full-blooded Pinoys. So that's a good sign in my eyes. It shows me she wasn't a stupid, cheap, bargirl believing lying, filthy-minded tourists looking for sex only and offering those destitute, young women only a few mere dollars to get it.

Her ex is the Pinoy father of both kids who denied the youngest kid was his. She left him because of it. Sounds likely to me. Maybe the guy just didn't want his second kid.

Trust me, the way she looks, could easily do sex work and be VERY successful at it anywhere but in Asia.
But The Philippines sex trade is like working for chicken feed. It's not worth it when so many Pinays are doing those "dirty deeds - and done dirt cheap".
Many of these sex predators who go there only to abuse these young women are the real dishonest people.

So, she finds decent, respectable jobs where she doesn't have to deal with the slime.   
Is she expected to lie and say she's rich and life is grande to get any approval from you?

I sent her a lot of documentation from google searches concerning symptoms of a head concussion to help her determine if the one-year-old did, in fact, have a concussion because she says she has to pay money for internet-data for google searches and for watching youtube videos from her phone, and to go online. She was telling me that PhP 50.00 is expensive for her. Am i supposed to call her a liar or a gold digger for simply stating that fact?
She wants to keep saving her money, not spend it - unless she has to. People can't save money to get out of there, by spending it.

She was very thankful for the articles i had pasted into her FB message window.
She never showed me any bills for the boy's hospital stay and tests and x-rays, if she has to pay for any of that. We never discussed it again. Turns out the boy was fine, after all. She only mentioned it to me because i had asked her why she wasn't online for a few days. I doubt she would have even mentioned it if i hadn't asked where she was. 
You think that was all a lie?
She doesn't seem to that type of woman.

You are, it seems, painting all Pinas as sneaky liars, yet, you married a Pinay.
I guess you and a few others found the only good ones in all those millions.
Maybe, i am totally wrong and you are completely right. I can't say. You've been there for twenty-seven years.
I only know of my Pinay sister-in-law who's still with my obnoxious acting, morbidly obese, type-2 diabetic, heart-diseased, toothless, bald brother who drinks and smokes after twelve or thirteen years of marriage and living only in Montreal. I couldn't even enjoy sharing a meal with him because of the way he would eat. What a site! 
She could have left him years ago to find a nice guy her own age with much more in common with her than she does with my brother. She could have met a real successful man.

He didn't bring her, here, he met her here, online, somehow and he lied about everything to her about being a well-off success story just to hook her into liking him, i suppose.
Well, he is, and always was, a liar to women.
He was on welfare when he met her and even when they got married, in Montreal. She was fresh off the plane and was very naive.
Now, she works in the health care field doing something which i have no idea about because he and i had a falling out about twelve years ago and we haven't spoken with one another for more than an hour, in all that time. 
I think she stays with him out of pity, the unfortunate, loyal girl. She could have done MUCH better for herself once she got to Montreal. Since then he's been working as a fork-lift operator, that's the last i've heard.

As far as my Pinay friend goes, she's spent most of her days for four months chatting with me and sharing personal things about her life KNOWING full well that i am not some rich guy, over here. I suppose i am as poor here, as she is there. Only difference is, is that i am able able to save more money because of the Quebec (provincial) social welfare system, free healthcare (which i hardly use), incredible food banks which give away organic foods and literally months worth of quality food supplies - every fourteen days - if people want to be greedy and overstock their kitchen pantries, and then to top it off, we have our Federal (Canadian) retirement funds which we don't even have to contribute to, really.
If you worked all your life, you'll get more than somebody who hasn't worked a day in their life. There is a minimum payment. Plus, there are low-cost, social housing programs. Geez, i feel like i am on a permanent paid vacation because of what i know about food preparation and frugality. Don't get me wrong, i would love to have a job that i could enjoy. Who wants to do a job they hate? Pffft! Not me.
My DeeJaying gigs paid a bundle for a guy like me having no formal education, but the "Bill 101" quickly ended the careers of many unilingual anglophones in Quebec. Many of us fell into the cracks of that Bill 101. 
I just found a way to be live quite comfortably in my little "crack", unlike many of the Joes i know who literally struggle, every month to make ends meet because of their foolishly expensive habits (cigarettes, weed, other harder drugs, beer, and fast food) and wasteful,. lazy lifestyle choices - public transportation and buying monthly bus passes.

I can appreciate your "concern" for me being taken by her but i never planned to send more than i can part with and it was always intended to be only until she is back in good health. 
I can always ask to see her blood test or urine test results to determine what condition she is in. If she refuses to do that even if i offer pay for the tests, i would smell dishonesty, but i think she would be so grateful just to have someone help her without any strings attached - which is what i offer her. We don't talk about sex or sexual preferences, at all.  We discuss Isam, movies, music, her kids, my daughter, our families, our upbringings, education, her work, immigration, our siblings, jobs we've done, my ex-doomed marriage and my ex-wife (once in a while) Switzerland and Germany where i have lived, and teaching her to speak French, as well as, discussing many other topics too many to list. And never once has she asked me for money, and i know she's struggling - i can clearly see what she is saying.

I only offered to help her buy better quality food when i saw her urine test results and then asked her a few kidney-infection related questions about her symptoms and her daily, dietary habits and saw that she is quite clueless about proper nutrition, and how it's affecting her, just like like most people i meet - they are clueless about nutrition.
People as adults usually eat what their parents eat. They raised them and fed them and they eat those foods as adults and THEN they get the same diseases their parents got, and possibly died from. Diseases are not hereditary, really, lifestyle patterns and food choices are.

She was raised in a poor family, and she simply and normally adopted those bad eating habits which i pointed out to her that are constantly interrupting her young life, while her own doctor just gives her drugs to only mask the symptoms.
There is no medication which will cure an improper diet - that has to be learned.

Even i can get her healthy again, and she should choose to stop talking to me for whatever reason like, a boyfriend her own age. I'd feel happy to know that i did her some good. She benefits and so do i.
You could feel those personal benefits, too, when you lay your head down on your pillow at nights, knowing that you helped me help her - whether she is "on the take" or not. I'm simply, "on the give".

Would your wife and family think badly of you for helping me to help her at MY expense? I doubt it. You would probably only appear to be the great guy she married - the nice guy with the big heart.
Even if my Pinay friend is using me, she'll only get what she needs. Maybe nothing more than a few extra pisos as the change.
I will ask for photos of the receipts and bags i'll ask her to buy. But i doubt i would have to ask that, i am sure she would send the photos on her own to reassure me of her honesty.
If she refuses, then i'll know she did not buy any of it and the "buck" will sadly stop there, because i won't be taken for much. I'm far too frugal to play that silly game.
Only a fool steals from a helping hand.

You, helping me to help her, will get YOU a lot more in personal pride than the $50.00 or so that i will send to her.
You can't BUY pride - that - you can only earn. You'll feel it, trust me. It'll feel really good.
I really hope you can agree because only good Peter has offered to help, so far. Peter has a good soul. And i feel really grateful for that.
I wish more people would, at least, "humor me" and walk over to the store with a pen and paper and jot down some exact prices. You'll get a thumb's up from God. Remember Him?

You all go shopping anyway, right? Geez. Could it hurt? You need to be paid money from a poor guy, for that small task.
If so, look closely in the mirror!

How would you feel if she died or had to have kidneys removed because you convinced me that was she dishonest when she wasn't? Her boys?...but mostly, the one she's with?...what becomes of him? What sort of life will he have when is mom can't care for him, or she, perhaps, dies because of this, and his dad rejected him?
I couldn't live happily with that choice.

It's a beautiful day in The Philippines, guys and wives, take a walk to the store, for me?
It's much too far for me. 

Thanks

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:16:42 AM by robbie_d »

Offline robbie_d

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 05:32:32 AM »
Robbie

My physical well being has nothing to do with you. I was responding in a courteous manner to your questions about Balanga and what is available here, but don't overstep the mark.  :-X :-X :-X

Peter, i never asked you about your health until you offered up that information.
It was not necessary to mention it to me.
I only tried to delve deeper to maybe offer some advice if i have any to offer. You offered it up, don't forget.

Whatever i offer on this forum is open for discussion. I will not mention things just so i can tell people, "That's none of your concern. Don't cross this line."
If it's none of their business or if it's off-topic or if i don't want to discuss it, then i won't mention whatever is no-one's business to know.

If you feel offended by my question, i'm sorry. I'm apologizing. But this is an open forum, right?
I am a gregarious person.
I see words on an open forum, i might just comment on those words or ask about them. Why not? I mean no harm, at all.

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 09:02:54 AM »
"Good luck"? With what, exactly? Finding stores which sell wheat tortillas, yacon syrup, maple syrup, blackstrap molasses, porridge/rolled oats, pumpernickel bread, and coarse barley bread?

Do you care to help out and share your "almost twenty-seven years" of shopping experiences, over there?  Or are you only, dare i say, concerned with the women?

It would be greatly appreciated, my friend.

I never once said she told me that she "only" eats rice. Where did you come up with that?
But isn't white rice a staple food in Asia? Seems to me it is. Are you aware that China is exporting plastic, fake white rice. Google it.

White rice, in general, is not good for her because of her susceptibility to UTIs. She shouldn't be consuming that, along with white bread, red meats including the Argentina corned beef crap that she enjoys so much, as well as sugar, coffee and several other items which have been the staples in her daily meals for years. No wonder she's constantly infected with UTIs. Most health problems start on the dinner plates and can be completely avoided. Knowledge is power - not white ice.

Is white rice cheaper than black or red rice over there? Is white bread cheaper than pumpernickel bread and coarse barely bread? Geez, i joined this forum to ask those questions and to find where in that city she can buy other foods with the few bucks i'll send JUST to buy those food items. I am here to find that information.
I am not asking if she sounds honest. There are other threads that address those points. This is not one of them.

Whether i meet her or not, or whether anything between us ever develops, that is NOT why i choose to help her get on track with a healthy diet. I would do the same for you if you were in the same situation. I don't want to sleep with you, either (dude) lol.
I just like to help people by sharing my researched knowledge of natural treatments with people who have health issues but only if they will listen and use my advice.

Are you helping me to help her, in this thread?
You seem more concerned with putting doubt in my mind so that i'll doubt her honesty -  despite what I know of her, and then, turn her away. What does that give to you, my friend?

Are Filipinos generally rich or poor on the average? So, why is she so different?

In the context of what i wrote, i don't see anything suspicious about her showing me her urine sample results. She never showed me any bills from the hospital (if there are any involved). In our conversations, i had told her that i analyze my own blood test results and that i, generally, am my own doctor. I don't trust doctors very much.

So, when she told me in January that she had a UTI, are you, perhaps, suggesting she is sneaky enough and was lying, in January, and that she planned to get another UTI just to show me her March 2019 urine-test results just to try to get some money from me WITHOUT even asking me for money?
She's never asked me, once, for a dime.

She has told me about when her son had fallen and hurt his head and was vomiting, and was taken to the hospital for tests, and that she had to spend much of her $1000.00 US savings to pay a lot for those tests. I have no idea how much that would be but she's never asked me to send her money.
I was a little surprised, to be honest, when she told me that she spent a lot of that $1k US savings on hospital and doctors fees. $1k US, over there, is quite a bit of PhPs. I don't know how the system works over there.

I am certain that such "a player" as you paint her to be, would surely use any means to extract money from me.
She just says how life is because i asked her. Is it her fault that she's one of the millions of poor people over there? From what i understand, there are MANY single, Pinay moms who fell victim to slimy foreigners who selfishly knocked them up and went back to their countries and completely ignore their half Filipino kids.
She works at decent jobs and her FB profile photos show her on the job in a kitchen uniform in a commercial kitchen.
Her two boys look like full-blooded Pinoys. So that's a good sign in my eyes. It shows me she wasn't a stupid, cheap, bargirl believing lying, filthy-minded tourists looking for sex only and offering those destitute, young women only a few mere dollars to get it.

Her ex is the Pinoy father of both kids who denied the youngest kid was his. She left him because of it. Sounds likely to me. Maybe the guy just didn't want his second kid.

Trust me, the way she looks, could easily do sex work and be VERY successful at it anywhere but in Asia.
But The Philippines sex trade is like working for chicken feed. It's not worth it when so many Pinays are doing those "dirty deeds - and done dirt cheap".
Many of these sex predators who go there only to abuse these young women are the real dishonest people.

So, she finds decent, respectable jobs where she doesn't have to deal with the slime.   
Is she expected to lie and say she's rich and life is grande to get any approval from you?

I sent her a lot of documentation from google searches concerning symptoms of a head concussion to help her determine if the one-year-old did, in fact, have a concussion because she says she has to pay money for internet-data for google searches and for watching youtube videos from her phone, and to go online. She was telling me that PhP 50.00 is expensive for her. Am i supposed to call her a liar or a gold digger for simply stating that fact?
She wants to keep saving her money, not spend it - unless she has to. People can't save money to get out of there, by spending it.

She was very thankful for the articles i had pasted into her FB message window.
She never showed me any bills for the boy's hospital stay and tests and x-rays, if she has to pay for any of that. We never discussed it again. Turns out the boy was fine, after all. She only mentioned it to me because i had asked her why she wasn't online for a few days. I doubt she would have even mentioned it if i hadn't asked where she was. 
You think that was all a lie?
She doesn't seem to that type of woman.

You are, it seems, painting all Pinas as sneaky liars, yet, you married a Pinay.
I guess you and a few others found the only good ones in all those millions.
Maybe, i am totally wrong and you are completely right. I can't say. You've been there for twenty-seven years.
I only know of my Pinay sister-in-law who's still with my obnoxious acting, morbidly obese, type-2 diabetic, heart-diseased, toothless, bald brother who drinks and smokes after twelve or thirteen years of marriage and living only in Montreal. I couldn't even enjoy sharing a meal with him because of the way he would eat. What a site! 
She could have left him years ago to find a nice guy her own age with much more in common with her than she does with my brother. She could have met a real successful man.

He didn't bring her, here, he met her here, online, somehow and he lied about everything to her about being a well-off success story just to hook her into liking him, i suppose.
Well, he is, and always was, a liar to women.
He was on welfare when he met her and even when they got married, in Montreal. She was fresh off the plane and was very naive.
Now, she works in the health care field doing something which i have no idea about because he and i had a falling out about twelve years ago and we haven't spoken with one another for more than an hour, in all that time. 
I think she stays with him out of pity, the unfortunate, loyal girl. She could have done MUCH better for herself once she got to Montreal. Since then he's been working as a fork-lift operator, that's the last i've heard.

As far as my Pinay friend goes, she's spent most of her days for four months chatting with me and sharing personal things about her life KNOWING full well that i am not some rich guy, over here. I suppose i am as poor here, as she is there. Only difference is, is that i am able able to save more money because of the Quebec (provincial) social welfare system, free healthcare (which i hardly use), incredible food banks which give away organic foods and literally months worth of quality food supplies - every fourteen days - if people want to be greedy and overstock their kitchen pantries, and then to top it off, we have our Federal (Canadian) retirement funds which we don't even have to contribute to, really.
If you worked all your life, you'll get more than somebody who hasn't worked a day in their life. There is a minimum payment. Plus, there are low-cost, social housing programs. Geez, i feel like i am on a permanent paid vacation because of what i know about food preparation and frugality. Don't get me wrong, i would love to have a job that i could enjoy. Who wants to do a job they hate? Pffft! Not me.
My DeeJaying gigs paid a bundle for a guy like me having no formal education, but the "Bill 101" quickly ended the careers of many unilingual anglophones in Quebec. Many of us fell into the cracks of that Bill 101. 
I just found a way to be live quite comfortably in my little "crack", unlike many of the Joes i know who literally struggle, every month to make ends meet because of their foolishly expensive habits (cigarettes, weed, other harder drugs, beer, and fast food) and wasteful,. lazy lifestyle choices - public transportation and buying monthly bus passes.

I can appreciate your "concern" for me being taken by her but i never planned to send more than i can part with and it was always intended to be only until she is back in good health. 
I can always ask to see her blood test or urine test results to determine what condition she is in. If she refuses to do that even if i offer pay for the tests, i would smell dishonesty, but i think she would be so grateful just to have someone help her without any strings attached - which is what i offer her. We don't talk about sex or sexual preferences, at all.  We discuss Isam, movies, music, her kids, my daughter, our families, our upbringings, education, her work, immigration, our siblings, jobs we've done, my ex-doomed marriage and my ex-wife (once in a while) Switzerland and Germany where i have lived, and teaching her to speak French, as well as, discussing many other topics too many to list. And never once has she asked me for money, and i know she's struggling - i can clearly see what she is saying.

I only offered to help her buy better quality food when i saw her urine test results and then asked her a few kidney-infection related questions about her symptoms and her daily, dietary habits and saw that she is quite clueless about proper nutrition, and how it's affecting her, just like like most people i meet - they are clueless about nutrition.
People as adults usually eat what their parents eat. They raised them and fed them and they eat those foods as adults and THEN they get the same diseases their parents got, and possibly died from. Diseases are not hereditary, really, lifestyle patterns and food choices are.

She was raised in a poor family, and she simply and normally adopted those bad eating habits which i pointed out to her that are constantly interrupting her young life, while her own doctor just gives her drugs to only mask the symptoms.
There is no medication which will cure an improper diet - that has to be learned.

Even i can get her healthy again, and she should choose to stop talking to me for whatever reason like, a boyfriend her own age. I'd feel happy to know that i did her some good. She benefits and so do i.
You could feel those personal benefits, too, when you lay your head down on your pillow at nights, knowing that you helped me help her - whether she is "on the take" or not. I'm simply, "on the give".

Would your wife and family think badly of you for helping me to help her at MY expense? I doubt it. You would probably only appear to be the great guy she married - the nice guy with the big heart.
Even if my Pinay friend is using me, she'll only get what she needs. Maybe nothing more than a few extra pisos as the change.
I will ask for photos of the receipts and bags i'll ask her to buy. But i doubt i would have to ask that, i am sure she would send the photos on her own to reassure me of her honesty.
If she refuses, then i'll know she did not buy any of it and the "buck" will sadly stop there, because i won't be taken for much. I'm far too frugal to play that silly game.
Only a fool steals from a helping hand.

You, helping me to help her, will get YOU a lot more in personal pride than the $50.00 or so that i will send to her.
You can't BUY pride - that - you can only earn. You'll feel it, trust me. It'll feel really good.
I really hope you can agree because only good Peter has offered to help, so far. Peter has a good soul. And i feel really grateful for that.
I wish more people would, at least, "humor me" and walk over to the store with a pen and paper and jot down some exact prices. You'll get a thumb's up from God. Remember Him?

You all go shopping anyway, right? Geez. Could it hurt? You need to be paid money from a poor guy, for that small task.
If so, look closely in the mirror!

How would you feel if she died or had to have kidneys removed because you convinced me that was she dishonest when she wasn't? Her boys?...but mostly, the one she's with?...what becomes of him? What sort of life will he have when is mom can't care for him, or she, perhaps, dies because of this, and his dad rejected him?
I couldn't live happily with that choice.

It's a beautiful day in The Philippines, guys and wives, take a walk to the store, for me?
It's much too far for me. 

Thanks
HOLY CRAP  hahaha, first of all, let me say I am relieved you dont want to sleep with me.   Secondly you infer a lot of conclusions from my very short sound bit of advice.   Thats fine, I cant control how your brain connects dots.   I am not going to respond to each of your unfounded inferences as it would be a waste of my time, and probably yours as well.  As you stated, this is an open forum, you felt compelled to ask about somebodys eye issues, and I felt compelled to over a small bit of advice (ok for you but not for me?).  Whether my accurate advice apply's to your situation or not, was not the point I was making.  It was a comment I thought would be valuable to you to keep in the back of your mind.   As far as the diet goes, again good luck with that as well.  Of all the asian countries, I would say the Filipinos' have by far the worst diet.  It is part of their culture etc...I have had some success in my family, but it has taken years.  I had zero success with my first wife (also a filipina).   Much of it comes down to cost and education.    Many many filipinos cant afford to eat a well balanced diet, to make matters worse, nutrition does not seem to be part of the "something we should learn about" daily life here.  But dont give up, I never do, and I do see some progress.   

Offline robbie_d

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 11:14:01 AM »
HOLY CRAP  hahaha, first of all, let me say I am relieved you dont want to sleep with me.   Secondly you infer a lot of conclusions from my very short sound bit of advice.   Thats fine, I cant control how your brain connects dots.   I am not going to respond to each of your unfounded inferences as it would be a waste of my time, and probably yours as well.  As you stated, this is an open forum, you felt compelled to ask about somebodys eye issues, and I felt compelled to over a small bit of advice (ok for you but not for me?).  Whether my accurate advice apply's to your situation or not, was not the point I was making.  It was a comment I thought would be valuable to you to keep in the back of your mind.   As far as the diet goes, again good luck with that as well.  Of all the asian countries, I would say the Filipinos' have by far the worst diet.  It is part of their culture etc...I have had some success in my family, but it has taken years.  I had zero success with my first wife (also a filipina).   Much of it comes down to cost and education.    Many many filipinos cant afford to eat a well balanced diet, to make matters worse, nutrition does not seem to be part of the "something we should learn about" daily life here.  But dont give up, I never do, and I do see some progress.

LOL, it's okay that you didn't respond to every point. It would be a waste of time as i just like to go one and on, sometimes.
I like to write.

"Compelled" means forced or obliged to do something.
I didn't feel compelled to ask about his eye health. I'm just a very curious person by nature.
I do like to offer natural alternatives and advice to people who will listen. I do a lot of reading and self-educating so i can avoid the "witch doctor BigPharma drug pushers".
I cured myself of the 2009 H1N1 (swine flu) pandemic at home. I avoided the hospital altogether and i was feeling 100% well in about 6 weeks while others were dying in the hospitals after three months in there.

And I do like to discuss many topics (that i know about) with folks because it opens me up to learning new things. Politics are not my forté, really. But i do like that Trump guy.

And i'm so happy that we won't be sleeping together, as well. lol.
Oh, i'm sure you're handsome and all that but...we can just shake hands.

BUT, if you were ever in need of some sort of help, and i could help out, i would, if possible. That's who i am. I consider that a blessing. And God knows how i need all the blessings i can get.
I, once, ended up moving one of my neighbors, down the street, because her movers were very late and it was the last day to move. So i started carrying things down the street for them by myself alone just to help out.
Once i got started, i was like in a trance and ended up working the whole evening.
Even when the others stopped to drink beer and smoke, i carried on (i don't drink alcohol or smoke). Before i realized, it was 12 midnight, and i had put in about seven hours. They were moving up to a third floor. Brutal!
And they never even offered me a penny - because it's a poor neighborhood and no one asked me to lift a finger, so in their minds, they sort of thought they were taking advantage of my stupidity - so why offer to pay me, right?
Financially poor people think like this: "Let him burn himself out! We never asked him to help. And if he has the nerve to ask for money, we'll just tell him off for being so presumptuous. He's not getting any of our beer money."
lol By the end of the night, many of their movers were drunk and i was still carrying things up the stairs.
I had only helped just to do something, that night, and because they were in need, at first, but i just kept on going. Their laziness only inspired me to work faster and harder.   
They only offered me a beer now and then which i kindly refused. Beer just slows you down.

I'm sure your advice is well founded and maybe you are 100% correct about my FB friend. Maybe i have "sucker" written on my forehead and she happened to see it in my written text in that songwriter's group. No idea.
I would lose a little more faith in humanity if you are right about her. It would be a shame if she is like what you suggest.

However, no normal, living being enjoys uncontrollable pain.
She has a choice to make - change her diet at MY expense or she can end up in more and more pain and possibly end up hospitalized, hooked up to tubes for the rest of her life, right?
I doubt she is that stupid. She is far too attractive to want any of that for herself. I think i scared her with the facts, and because of it, she might be in denial and possibly avoiding me.
It's been over 24 hours since she last signed-in to FB. Maybe she's met a nice, local guy there at her new job in the busy city. Good for her, if that's the case. She is just twenty-one. 

If The Philippines are so damn poor, maybe bad dietary choices just come with the territory because they never knew any better. But she is far from stupid, if i can get open her eyes to the right track and she'll feel better, it just might get her spending her money on better foods instead of on new shoes and cheap jewelry.

Trust me, i've worked in that Thai resto in Montreal which i mentioned in one of my other posts and there were many Thai females (friends of the family i worked with) who would visit and they would fuss of over me and tell me that if i ever go to Bangkok to be careful of the sneaky bar girls.

Besides, i've worked in strip-bars for just over eight years. I've seen my fair share of players after my heart was snapped in two, a few times. So, i do appreciate your concern for me, and your experience with these "poor" girls.
I haven't much experience with the poor girls who look that hot.

It's been in the "front of my mind", not the back of my mind, since she and i began chatting. BUT if she is playing me, four months is long game to waste on a miser like me, no?
Especially when i never promised her anything, and only gave her nothing but respect, empathy, sound advice, and, an ear to listen to her.
She went to live with her mom on my advice. That's a very good sign - at least, i think it is.

Tonight, i sent her a long FB message and showed her PhotoShopped maps of her new city with arrows pointing to where Peter told me to send her.
I told her for the first time that i would send her money to buy these "medicine' foods that should be eaten, only by her, because her health is failing her. I told her that it won't be a long term thing, so she shouldn't be feeding her already healthy family and friends with this food.

I asked her how i should send any money. I'll see how interested she is to chat now after being absent from FB for about 10 days minus the few very brief responses she had sent back to my questions. I do believe she is working a lot and is tired, plus she's with her boy, now, full time.

Either way, if she rips me off, or sincerely takes my advice and buys these foods, it won't be a large investment at first. I told her that i wanted her to buy small quantities at first, and then tell me if she likes the taste and texture of these new foods, and i put it in writing that i will expect to see receipts for whatever she buys with this free health-food money.
I reminded her that i am basically a poor-guy in my city (and technically, i am just that). I told her i'd be willing and happy to spare a few bucks to help her improve her health if she really wants a better diet and improved health.
Her actions will speak louder than any words. I'll be watching.
I even told her that i don't care if she's found a boyfriend, and i don't care, really.
I never really considered that with her simply because she is very young, She's seven years younger than my daughter.
I might be more interested in her mom, actually, who might be close to forty. Never saw a photo of her mom, even still, the mom is married but not to my friend's dad.

It's going to be an interesting experiment for me, and i would share the outcome with you, for sure, to satisfy your interest.
I hope she's sincere. I feel so sure that she is sincere, We'll see in time. 

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 11:26:14 AM by robbie_d »

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 01:56:41 PM »
This is getting out of hand. Let's all take a step back. Robbie, you don't need to respond to every post with a 6 page response every time. That does get a little stressful over time. Keep it simple. Thank you.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP LEE ***

Offline robbie_d

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2019, 05:24:06 AM »
This is getting out of hand. Let's all take a step back. Robbie, you don't need to respond to every post with a 6 page response every time. That does get a little stressful over time. Keep it simple. Thank you.

Uhm, when i remove other's quotes from my responses, and copy my text into a word processor and use a size 11 font and check the number of pages that would be printed out, here are the number of pages i actually wrote.
As anyone can see, you are really exaggerating.

My first post has just over a half of a page of text
Post #6, two and a half pages of text  (2 and 1/2)
Post #7, two and one quarter pages of text (2 and 1/4)
Post # 10, has four pages of text (4)
Post #11, has one eighth of a page of text, ( 1/8)
Post# 13, has less than a qarter of page of text  (>  than 1/4)
Post# 15, has three pages of text  (3)
Post # 18 has just over five pages of text 
Post # 19, has a quarter of a page of text  (1/4)
Post # 21 has just over two  pages of text 

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2019, 06:58:34 AM »
Steve, why does it matter if Robbie's (or anybodys) posts are lengthy and detailed or short and succinct?  The reader can choose to read it or not.  Not quite sure why the admin would intervene in such instances?    If a post is too short for your liking, will you then step in and reprimand the author?   Everybody is different and everybody expresses themselves in a manner which suits their DNA, I would hope this forum would respect each others postings as long as certain lines are not crossed or rules are not violated.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2019, 12:01:12 PM »
I responded to a member's complaint. That's my job.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP LEE ***

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2019, 08:45:37 PM »
I responded to a member's complaint. That's my job.
Not all complaints are valid.   Your job would be to discern between those that are valid and act upon the complaint, and those that are not valid.  In the case of  the latter,  you could respectfully inform the individual that their "complaint" really does not violate any of the rules that have been set in the forum.  Just my opinion.   I would hate to see us get so nit picky that we complain if somebody's posts are too long, to short, too much information, or not enough information etc...If a post is long and an individual does not want to read it, then so be it.  Just don't see why one would file a complaint.

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2019, 09:23:45 AM »

....................... I would hate to see us get so nit picky that we complain if somebody's posts are too long, to short, too much information, or not enough information etc...If a post is long and an individual does not want to read it, then so be it.  Just don't see why one would file a complaint.

JJ.

On the whole I agree with your thoughts. When I see a post which is not of interest to me, or a poster goes on and on and on, IMHO, about things which are not on subject, I just close it, remember the name and move on.

After saying that, it is a Moderator's decision and while I may not agree with some decisions, they are the "peace keepers" to keep us in line. Their decisions MUST be accepted. Or, as we used to say when I was contracting, "Brown envelope, window seat, tomorrow's Tristar"  :) :)

There is no free speech without corresponding obligations.

My thoughts only of course, other may disagree.  8)

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog