Author Topic: Blacklisted from entry  (Read 281 times)

Offline jimjoe

Blacklisted from entry
« on: April 30, 2019, 05:52:42 AM »
Hi,
can somebody with a grudge make a false claim to BI and get a person blacklisted from entering the Philippines?

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Re: Blacklisted from entry
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 08:46:34 AM »
Can that happen in the Philippines?  Hell yes.  It's a very corrupt governmental system.  There are stories of this happening already.  There was an episode of "locked up abroad" that had something like that happen.

Can the average "joe" do it?  Maybe, but probably not likely.  Can a person/family with wealth and power do it?  Probably very easily with the connections that they'll have.

But those people in position to do so will probably hit more than just the BI to make the false claims and "grease the palms" to get it done.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Rocky7731!

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 02:31:35 AM »
I have a question & hoping someone can give me a legit & honest answer. New to this forumbtw.  I am a US Navy Vet with spotless military record. I am also designated as 100% disabled by the VA. However, I am also aconvicted felon (2001 conviction) if I stay beyond 59 days in the Philippines & apply for a long term Visa/ACR card will my conviction prevent me from staying because they will take fingerprints? Thanks for any help

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 07:41:58 AM »
I have no idea.  I guess if it's a move you really want to make, you've been far enough from your felony that you can try and get it removed.  True that the US government will always see it, but I doubt a foreign government will see it.  I know someone who had to do that for work.  That was over a decade ago and he's still "clean" as far as any business knows. 
I'd take steps to get your record expunged before you make the move here.  In Michigan I think all he did was some form work, pay some fees, and that was it.  Had to go to a referee hearing I think.  Pulling from memory over a decade old.  But I am confident he never actually went before a judge.  Might not have been a referee, and someone else...can't remember that too clearly, but he got rid of his felony.  I think he had to wait till 7 years after the sentencing to do it.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog