Author Topic: Anyone had UK visa clearance lately ??  (Read 2243 times)

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
Anyone had UK visa clearance lately ??
« on: May 04, 2008, 03:03:58 AM »
Just a quick question on behalf of my freind who is wanting to bring his fiance to UK.

Does the British embassy in Manila still grant and proccess your fiance visa at the same interveiw if you pass  ?

When my wife went for hers 4 years ago, they told her she was to go out into a hallway while they proccessed her visa onto her passport straight after she had passed the interveiw. My freind seems to think you need to wait up to a week before you get a \"yes or no \" I know things have changed over the years, but this seems a bit strange having to wait for the result.

Any one had experience on the matter lately ??

Thanks,

John
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Re: Anyone had UK visa clearance lately ??
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »
Just a quick question on behalf of my freind who is wanting to bring his fiance to UK.

Does the British embassy in Manila still grant and proccess your fiance visa at the same interveiw if you pass  ?

When my wife went for hers 4 years ago, they told her she was to go out into a hallway while they proccessed her visa onto her passport straight after she had passed the interveiw. My freind seems to think you need to wait up to a week before you get a \"yes or no \" I know things have changed over the years, but this seems a bit strange having to wait for the result.

Thanks,

John

I can\'t be of much help here because my wife obtained her visa 20 years ago. The policies and procedures have changed many times since, and I get the impression that this is brought about by a change in staff at the embassy.

Colin

Offline Manila Cockney

• Sr Member
Re: Anyone had UK visa clearance lately ??
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 01:28:51 PM »

Thanks,

John

Its all changed it now outsourced. This explains the procedures:

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/index.aspx

I would recommend you schedule an appointment on-line rather than going there and just queuing.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog