Author Topic: Filipinos Going Abroad  (Read 388 times)

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Filipinos Going Abroad
« on: May 24, 2019, 02:35:59 PM »
Et al.

Sometimes from reading posts, I form an impression that some folks just don't "get it" about how the Philippines, as well as North American and European Governments (especially), put hoops in place for Filipinos (not forgetting other Asian nationalities) to jump through, if they have the temerity to want to leave and come to those countries.

Emigration and immigration barriers exist in those countries and are in place no matter that anyone disagrees with the (apparent) injustice of the system.

Just as Canada is run the Canadian way by Canadians, or GB is run by the British, so the Philippines is run their way, by Filipinos. No amount of foreigners jumping up and down and saying "We do it better here, so do it our way!" will change anything. Rather it will tend get Filipinos’ backs up and a couple of fingers will be in view. Or if the foreigner acts like that here, then it could be “riding in tandem” time!

The Philippines, is the Philippines. Love it, hate it, shout at it, scream at it, it’s still not going to change very quickly, if at all. Endo!

Semi-rant over  :) :) :)

Of course, my thoughts only.

Peter

Edit by Steve: Fixed Subject Title.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 07:33:00 PM by Steve & Myrlita »
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline expatuk1947

Re: Filipinos Going Abroad
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 09:46:22 PM »
I agree with you how Filipinos having problems etc entering the UK as my wife did at Heathrow!
She had all the legal documents required , she was treated well on the BA flight from Doha being a diabetic.
But on arrival at Heathrow she was subjected to being interegated, Xrayed, body search lasting over 2 hours !
Here in the Philippines on my first visit , no Visa needed no special docs required ! And also for the following 2 more visits.
Now we are both retired and living here in Phil.
And yes the Philippines do things differently !
Which i respect ! Its their country their rules !
And i wouldnt want to change a thing.

Offline ermita_virus

Re: Filipinos Going Abroad
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 08:23:46 PM »
I agree with you how Filipinos having problems etc entering the UK as my wife did at Heathrow!
She had all the legal documents required , she was treated well on the BA flight from Doha being a diabetic.
But on arrival at Heathrow she was subjected to being interegated, Xrayed, body search lasting over 2 hours !
Here in the Philippines on my first visit , no Visa needed no special docs required ! And also for the following 2 more visits.
Now we are both retired and living here in Phil.
And yes the Philippines do things differently !
Which i respect ! Its their country their rules !
And i wouldnt want to change a thing.

I would. Like the racism. Things like taking away our healthcare for being white? That's messed up. You pay into your whole life like everyone else, just to have it taken away. That's not fair. Or no one accepting your Pag-IBIG. Or try getting an SSS loan, being white? Living in a super strict country with so many rules, so many extra rules for white people, is very tiring. Can't buy land for kids. Can't buy a house. Have to rent forever. Can't open a business. Overcharged for everything, despite being paid less. On top of the already insanely high cost of living here. Yeah, "don't like it, then go!" is the usual response. Go where ? Where can I get free plane tickets and free visas and free relocation services? I wish we could fight for our rights, but it's illegal! And PAO will do nothing. /rant

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog