Author Topic: New here -Jon Paine and family  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Jon Paine

New here -Jon Paine and family
« on: May 14, 2008, 03:07:32 PM »
I\'ve written two posts but not introduced myself.  My name is Jon Paine (58) and my asawa\'s name is Gloria (still 29); we bring 3 children with us, and expect to be moving to Manila within a month or two, as soon as our California house can be rented or sold.  We presently live in Los Angeles, CA;  I am retired military, and my wife if Pinay from Mindoro.  We expect to rent a house to start in Manila, so that the children can go to school, and so that I can access medical facilities that honor TRICARE.  (If you have info on such TRICARE providers as to quality of care, etc, please speak up).   I am very glad to have found this forum and look forward to reading your posts.
\"Have the courage to use your own reason.\"   Immanuel Kant

Re: New here -Jon Paine and family
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 03:52:40 PM »
I\'ve written two posts but not introduced myself.  My name is Jon Paine (58) and my asawa\'s name is Gloria (still 29); we bring 3 children with us, and expect to be moving to Manila within a month or two, as soon as our California house can be rented or sold.  We presently live in Los Angeles, CA;  I am retired military, and my wife if Pinay from Mindoro.  We expect to rent a house to start in Manila, so that the children can go to school, and so that I can access medical facilities that honor TRICARE.  (If you have info on such TRICARE providers as to quality of care, etc, please speak up).   I am very glad to have found this forum and look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome Jon, can\'t help with tricare I am from the UK  :)

Colin

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 11:12:23 PM »
Welcome Jon& Family ..Im52 yrs. old ,live in Calif. I may be going to the RP with  my children,
    may i aks the ages of your children? and how you think the adaptive process will go for them?.
   yrs. ago in the service i remember meeting  service kids they seemed well adapted to moving
 around. Your opionion???  :) again welcome ;D ;D stillbilly2002

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 05:06:47 PM »
Not much idea about tricare either  :-[.  Just want to say HI to you & your young wife Gloria  :)

Offline Jon Paine

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 01:02:23 AM »
Welcome Jon& Family ..Im52 yrs. old ,live in Calif. I may be going to the RP with  my children,
    may i aks the ages of your children? and how you think the adaptive process will go for them?.
   yrs. ago in the service i remember meeting  service kids they seemed well adapted to moving
 around. Your opionion???  :) again welcome ;D ;D stillbilly2002

Thanks for the warm welcome, Marie and Colin,  and stillbilly2002  .

stillbilly2002,  my childrens\' ages are 19, 13, and 6.  I truly am anticipating that they learn the Phillippine values and language.   My 19 yr old daughter wants to sing professionally; she is Pinay like her mom.  My younger children will attend an English speaking private school, yet to be determined.  I think that they will be fine, and the adapting is a learning process that will be valuable to them.  Jon

Offline Jon Paine

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 01:12:38 AM »
TRICARE INFO -I found it!, or rather Keith was kind enough to provide me with the following excellent link which I am glad to share with others who may be looking>   Thanks Keith.

http://tpaoweb.oki.med.navy.mil/TGRO/pihome.htm

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 07:51:03 AM »
TRICARE INFO -I found it!, or rather Keith was kind enough to provide me with the following excellent link which I am glad to share with others who may be looking>   Thanks Keith.

http://tpaoweb.oki.med.navy.mil/TGRO/pihome.htm

Hi Jon,

Happy I could help. That\'s what we are here for. Feel free to ask any more questions you have & please jump in with any help, advice or views you may have to offer.