Author Topic: Introducing Jim & Joan Theall  (Read 1981 times)

Offline JT

Introducing Jim & Joan Theall
« on: May 17, 2008, 02:34:48 PM »
Hello LIP Forum/Posters, we have lived in Las Pinas City about 19 months. Las Pinas is a city south of Manila. We are about 20 mins. from NAIA aiport and 30 mins from Asian Hospital & Medical Center. The hospital is new and well staffed. South Mall is about 25 mins away and has a fairly good market. Houses go for around 2,000,000 to 15 ,000,000 depending on the location. We bought property here several years back and built a tri-plex on it. We use it as rental property. We bought another lot adjacent to my father-in-law and now use as a garden and garage for the cars. We live in an upper apartment of the in-laws house, very accomodating with a terrace. We pay most of the bills and it runs about $1000 US dollars per month. I am retired from the US Government and my wife is a school teacher and is semi-retired. Our journey was a long one starting in California where I met Joan. We immediately began the immigration process and slowly she became a citizen, in fact she is now a dual citizen. I am still on Balikbayan status. We obtained a Filipino drivers license and bought a new Mitzubishi SUV, minus a few  items for a good price. I am learning to navigate through this traffic, and I am the slowest driver on the road. Thats about it. :)

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
Re: Introducing Jim & Joan Theall
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 03:03:39 PM »
Well Jim and Joan,

Welcome to the forum, I\'ll get in here before RUFUS does, he is probably drinking Red Horse at the moment and can\'t find the keyboard, let alone read the screen. Jack and Keith are the moderators here, both a wealth of knowledge if you have questions. You can Personal Message (IM) anyone here, its an icon on the left of the screen near their name. For driving here reference one of the many threads on that topic. Here is one: http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=583.0

And another... http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=767.0

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 03:33:55 PM »
Hello LIP Forum/Posters, we have lived in Las Pinas City about 19 months. Las Pinas is a city south of Manila. We are about 20 mins. from NAIA aiport and 30 mins from Asian Hospital & Medical Center. The hospital is new and well staffed. South Mall is about 25 mins away and has a fairly good market. Houses go for around 2,000,000 to 15 ,000,000 depending on the location. We bought property here several years back and built a tri-plex on it. We use it as rental property. We bought another lot adjacent to my father-in-law and now use as a garden and garage for the cars. We live in an upper apartment of the in-laws house, very accomodating with a terrace. We pay most of the bills and it runs about $1000 US dollars per month. I am retired from the US Government and my wife is a school teacher and is semi-retired. Our journey was a long one starting in California where I met Joan. We immediately began the immigration process and slowly she became a citizen, in fact she is now a dual citizen. I am still on Balikbayan status. We obtained a Filipino drivers license and bought a new Mitzubishi SUV, minus a few  items for a good price. I am learning to navigate through this traffic, and I am the slowest driver on the road. Thats about it. :)
Hi J&J, welcome to the forum. We live in Palawan now, but rented in Ayala Alabang for one year from September 2005. It is an enormous estate and we lived right at the back and it took us 10 minutes to drive to the gates and Alabang Town Centre. South Mall was just a short drive from there. Asian hospital is very good and modern, but also one of the most expensive. We have seen cars with Ayala Alabang stickers arriving at Makati Medical Centre presumable because of the lower cost. I had a bad experience with one of the Doctors in Asian Hospital, so if you use it make sure you get a good reference. Personally I would recommend De Los Santos Medical Centre in Quezon City, and use it now if I can\'t get treatment on Palawan.

Colin

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 03:35:30 PM »
Hi Jim & Joan,

Good to hear from you again. I hope you are fully recovered from your operation last year. Jack told me that he was going to get you to join our happy little gang here (if you can call 800+, little).

How\'s your garden, Joan? Dee is loving her little roses

and pot plants are springing up everywhere

Can\'t believe how fast a year has gone by. We really must get to see you soon.

Hope to see many more posts from you.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 05:14:53 PM »
Hello! Welcome JT. 

How\'s your garden, Joan? Dee is loving her little roses

Keith,   :o you have beautiful little roses there ha! Not just the roses and also the Asawa of course  :).

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »
GUIDE NOTE: The post started by Colin & continued by Manila Cockney on Asian Hospital has been split & moved to:

http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=1108.msg7259#msg7259

As one on the most well known hospitals here, it warrants its own topic.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog